Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Sorry, just needed to vent to fellow dreadies and submerge myself in a positive environment right now

TriggerHippy666
@triggerhippy666
14 years ago
15 posts
Fuck i thought i had a bad day sorry im actually speechless but i do hope you are ok i honestly do x
updated by @triggerhippy666: 07/23/15 06:35:01PM
Mandy2
@mandy2
14 years ago
55 posts
Just an update for everyone: Took my daughter to the doctor and got an O.K. from her. So I got that base covered. Went to the daycare, showed her the note, and told her that my daughter would not be returning. She looked pretty pissed about it, but I have yet to hear from CPS, and I know that usually if there is a report filed, they would check in within 48 hours. I've dealt with DSS previously after a bogus report was filed (its the east coast version of CPS), and that's how they were, so I'm assuming the same with CPS.So hopefully everything will be ok. It's been nearly a week since I turned in the note and unenrolled her, so I'm crossing my fingers.
Emmy G
@emmy-g
14 years ago
16 posts
Mandy,
You did the right thing. That daycare's director (and the teacher, most likely) were totally out of line on that one. I should know, I am a childcare professional, myself. And they are required to report suspected abuse by law (within 24 hours, not 5 days), but if they turn a normal bruise into this, that's just insane. They aren't trying to call CPS, otherwise they would have already. I believe you and your daughter were a victim of discrimination, "southern hospitality" my ass! I found while in texas, if you were liberal/democratic, had a tattoo or facial piercing or certainly dreads, the conservative majority feels they have the "moral obligation" to "inform" you of your "abnormalities" and encourage, pressure or otherwise coerce you to conform. Those who are accepting of cultural diversity seemed few and far between.

Your monster in law sounds very, very close minded, selfish, and callous. How could she care more about the gossiping old biddies than the fact that your family in in jepordy? I feel for you, and hope you can remain strong while you work towards freeing yourself from this toxic environment.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form