Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Untitled

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Hit up thrift stores. You can find some really cool clothes there without having to dress like themanikinsin department stores.

I buy everything of mine from thrift shops. One of my favorite jackets only cost me 5 bucks.

Plus you may be able to find some really cool, oldschool clothes there.

Not all clothes from them are all tattered and raggedy too. Look around, some rich areas have thrift stores where you can find designer clothes with the tags still on them for super cheap.

Locks go good with everything, but I know what you mean. I'm comfortable in random tee-shirts and jeans, but I do love silk. It's probably my favorite material. Just go shopping around and pick some things out that you like. Then assemble them at home

updated by @baba-fats: 07/13/15 03:48:44PM
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

i second the thrift stores. amazing finds for great deals.

i wear what's comfy, if it looks good then bonus points! but our family is all about comfort first :)

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
How did you dress before dreads? That's the way you should dress with them. If it's what you're comfy in then wear it. If you like something then wear it. There's not really a dread dress code. Like everyone else said, hit the thrift shops and find whatever you want.
ToTheAnkles!
@totheankles
12 years ago
102 posts
Thrift stores here are...well...It's really bad. Maybe there's better ones, but there's a certain language barrier here as you might mean something other then what I think you do (I'm thinking about bins filled with clothes).My problem with stuff like silk is the absolute hell of cleaning the stuff. Everything has to be squeeky clean with me (if I bump into the wrong person on *ugh* public transportation I need to have it sanitized). Out of desperation I just go for denim/cotton and that's awfully chilly in the winter and gets wet and clingy in the summer or when weightlifting.I gained a ton of weight (still gaining :D) and now I need to get some clothes that fit and I prefer to get something different. I just can't seem to find what I want.And dreads (and everything else about your appearance) affects how clothes look on you. It's not that there's a dress "code" or anything, but if wearing a kilt makes you look like a woman, then you need to be aware of that and take into account that people are going to mistake you for a woman.Certain clothes look way better on someone with dreads the someone else. I'm just asking here if anyone had any ideas.
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
I have a tendancy to see a persons attitude before I see their appearance. But at the same time I think there are several things that influence a persons appearance. Are they clean (body, hair and clothes), what are they doing etc. I've seen many men with dreads in suits and they look fantastic. I've seen dreadies in shorts and t-shirts running around barefoot and they looked fantastic. Not so many dreaded men in kilts but holy shit that's one I'd look at for a long time!What I was trying too say was that you should wear what you're comfortable in. If that's a kilt and a sharp shirt, then you should definitely rock that look. If it's casual denim pants and a cotton shirt, rock it! If you're comfortable and confident it won't matter what you wear, you'll look good in anything.Your idea of a thrift shop is pretty dead on too. A used clothing store. You could find a variety of styles for little expense and see what works for you.
ToTheAnkles!
@totheankles
12 years ago
102 posts
Yea kilts are awesome.Can't always wear a kilt though. And I think it might be quite a bit chilly in November...Dreads and kilts is an example of what I mean that how good something looks on you depends on how the rest looks. Dreads, beards and 200 lbs solid muscle all makes a kilt look better.Luckily I have found pretty much what I'm looking for. http://www.tweed-jackets-uk.co.uk/ has moleskin/linen (which is what I prefer over wool which is a pain to wash). It's unfortunate that the site charges in GBP (Quite annoying to pay that) and I'm not really sure what quality the stuff is (it's so cheap that I'm doubting it). Maybe if I can't find any alternatives then I can resort to ordering there.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form