Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How to Maintain Toddler's Dreads

sara6
@sara6
12 years ago
11 posts

I think if you have to question it then don't do it. Let her be natural maybe with a few beads or braids but if you're worried that she'll want something else then go with your gut. As a mother, I like to let my children be independent and they each do what is naturally in the flow...my baby has dreads...flow...my 13 year old has bouncy curls...flow...I have short hair...flow. We're not all the same but we do what we feel is right for each of us.

Mainly if you're not 100 committed it will be difficult to stand by your decision & might be hard to convince her to strand strong against those who might tease her.

FYI - you can always find holistic community. My son goes to a charter school with progressive families and most children are very young for their age, artistic and open to varieties of cultures & lifestyles.

Good luck.

updated by @sara6: 07/18/15 10:26:51AM
KnotLady
@knotlady
12 years ago
300 posts

well dreads for her are something that im not quite pushing for but im also not preventing. her hair gets brushed when she goes to the grandmas houses and despite that, she has a couple little dreads so i think im just going to leave them and see what happens from there. i appreciate the input. we are go with the flow kinda people as well.

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form