Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

White specks in roots

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

if you have hard water than the bs won't dissolve in your pitcher no matter how hard you mix it. also, bs will make a fizzing sound when added to soft water that is hot. it won't make the sound in hard water. easy enough to test out with just a glass of hot tap water and a tablespoon of bs. if it fizzes and mixes and the water goes clear than your golden. no fizz and the water stays cloudy with bs sinking to the bottom then you have a problem. best solution to that is to either boil your water or get yourself a water filter.

Annon said:

So if you do have the hard water then the BS wash will leave a residue? I think the water in our building is softened but only the hot water.. i'm really not sure.

updated by @heather: 07/03/15 08:43:16AM
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

I try to stick to a schedule because that is how it works out for me.

As for the ACV, for baby locks usually is recommended to do a capfull to a gallon pitcher of water. All it's for is to bring the hair back towards it's natural pH after the BS takes it to the alkaline side. Too much can definitely leave your hair moisturized. When I did use the BS wash I made a 1/3 cup for 1 gallon of water and that worked fine. When I bumped it to half a cup to 1 gallon then it was too much for my hair. This is purely experimental for everyone though since everyone's chemistry is different.

Mama, you bought the shampoo though so you should be in good hands. I haven't heard any complaints with it. :)

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form