Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dying and stripping colours

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Who here has dyed their locks with either Henna or Black tea?

I am getting married soon, and am considering dying my locks a little just to cover up some of the fuzzies from my bright blue hoodie. They're not supernoticeable, but you know, just in case. I want to look a bit cleaner for it.

That being said, I just started washing with BS and ACV. I know that BS strips colours. That why I'm asking people who have dyed before. How much does it strip and how quickly. Should I dye my hair the day before the wedding, or can I dye it a while before and be safe knowing the colour will stick long enough

updated by @baba-fats: 01/13/15 09:25:37PM
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

i used henna & indigo. bs & acv only stripped a little bit of color & it was right away (probably removed more of the indigo than henna too, it's still RED just doesn't have the darkened/brownish it had anymore), using the dreadlocksshampoo liquid the first time stripped more color than the bs normally does. I've been TRYING to remove the color with longer bs soaks & with lemon juice in the sun & it's not coming out any further.

I would dye in advance, then if you don't get the color you want you can try to fix it rather than having a color disaster with a day to fix it! go just a little darker than what you want to allow for a little color fading.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Cool. That makes sense. Now for the big question. I know nothing about henna. What kind and where to find it. I have medium to dark brown hair. I don't want to go any darker if I can stand it.

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

well henna is red. so if you want to stick to brownish you would probably want indigo in there as well. i use http://www.hennaforhair.com/ they have a lot of mixes too look at how people blended theirs & the results they got, & you always want to use body art quality henna. since you want brown too there are things you could add to get more brown & less reddish, cloves & i can't remember what else but a lot of the info is on that site. if your hair is already dark you may get away without the indigo & just go henna & cloves. or just use less indigo to prevent from getting too dark.

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

I don't have any significant info on dying but it sounds like that's covered. Just want to wish you congrats on your upcoming marriage. :)

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Aww. Thanks. I appreciate it. It'll be great. I can't wait

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form