Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

This may seem silly, but here it is

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

So I hear a lot of people, not complaining, but commenting on how they feel like the locks on the back of their heads are shorter. Sometimes the locks that grow from the back of your head can tangle a little more. But from videos and pictures that I see, This isn't the case. What people tend to forget is that when your hair is pulled back, the top layer of locks are actually locks that are growing out of the top of your head. Of course they will look and feel shorter than the ones growing out of the back of your head. The main body of the lock has to traverse your head. So the tip of the lock will almost always be above the tips of the locks growing out of the back of your head.

It's not that they are shorter. If you took a ruler or tape measure to them, they'd most likely be about 1-2 inches difference in length. That's not a whole lot.

I don't mean to make anyone feel dumb. I just happened to see a video on youtube where someone commented on this topic, but she didn't pull her locks apart to show where each one was growing from. So I thought I'd mention it here. I commented on her vid too.

I hope this helps you feel better about your dreadlock mullets

updated by @baba-fats: 01/13/15 09:25:15PM
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

I've actually seen some people say that they have shorter sides than the back... and really, this theory of scalp origination can apply there as well since the side hair starts above the ear, much higher than the lowest back sections at the nape.
In beauty school they tell us to be very conscientious about the hair around the ear area because you can unintentionally make it shorter than the rest by measuring it against the back lengths.

:)

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I've heard people say it about the sides as well. I just started this because of the video I watched. But good point. I'm sure they do make sure you learn to be careful. It's easy to mess up if you aren't paying attention

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form