dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Considering changing how I wash my dreads

Drew W
@drew-w
13 years ago
6 posts

Hey people,

I'm new to the site, but I've had dreadlocks for almost 3 years now. Started them using the backcombing method, but have pretty much let them do their own thing since then, apart from sewing in a few loose clumps here and there.

Since I started out I have used DreadHead HQ shampoo and some of the Knotty Boy soaps, but I do seem to have to wash and re-wash my dreads to make sure they are really clean. I was wondering if anyone had any recomendations for soap or recipes I could use to make cleaning them a lot less of a hassle?

Please note that I'm from the UK, so may not have the same kinds of stores that others may have, so if you recommend a product a website may also be useful :-)

Also, one other thing.... why does this website seem to make bleeping sounds at irregular intervals?

updated by @drew-w: 01/13/15 09:04:28PM
Drew W
@drew-w
13 years ago
6 posts

Thanks for the advice, I will take a look into the shampoos you mentioned.

Also, the baking soda sounds quite interesting. I know it is a good cleaning agent, but does anyone know if it's actually safe to use for your hair?

lysergic.nightshade
@lysergicnightshade
13 years ago
41 posts

Here's the link to the baking soda thing. It works pretty well for me, I've been using it for the past couple weeks. It seems to be the main hairwashing staple for most of the people on here. You pretty much have to do the vinegar rinse afterwards though, otherwise the baking soda will throw off the PH of your scalp, and you will get itchies from Hell.

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/super-clean-dreads-safe-for

Drew W
@drew-w
13 years ago
6 posts

Thanks for the link, it's worth considering. Also, thanks for explaining why the vinegar is important to use as a rinse.I don't fancy buying anymore DreadHeadHQ shampoo.

I've just been reading through a lot of the debate between Knotty Johnny Clean and this site regarding Wax and other things that each site says about one another. It didn't take me long to realise that wax wasn't for me. Although I like the shampoo, it didn't really seem to leave me with the results I expected.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form