Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread Beads.

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

where would one find stone beads? all the ones i come across are tiny beads or tiny holes, not anything that would fit on a dread, even a very thin one.

Akal Sahai said:

I have some simple wood beads I got to hold together looser hairs on my baby dreads. Just needed something so I ran down to the fabric store. But...

I love stone, bone that type of thing. If you feel like going about the beading with a more holistic approach, adding in beads made from stones that have healing, other positive properties, I think that's a really good thing to keep in mind.

If I get around to it after all the other things there are to do, I might even start painting my own, or using polymer clay to craft some. Hmm, that might end up being a craft I do tonight now that it's rolling around my brain a little more.

updated by @ixchel: 07/03/15 04:59:48AM
lauren zampitella
@lauren-zampitella
12 years ago
1 posts
Etsy.com may have some. Not sure but its worth a look they have a Lot of cool beads!
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

looked. gemstones are hard to find with large enough holes i guess, i'm sure there are a few gems (pun intended) out there but going to be difficult to track down. been looking all morning since my curiosity was piqued.

HayleyB124
@hayleyb124
12 years ago
58 posts
I've got some makeshift stone beads. They're actually a pair of 1/2in fuchsia agate plugs I bought when my earlobes were smaller. They each have a hole through the middle that's the perfect size for my baby dreads.
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

i was actually thinking eyelets as the next option, shame they get so spendy tho :( makes me wish i had always used pretty eyelets when upsizing, i'd have had a lovely stash of them by now! i wonder if my current size would fit in ears & dreads so i could just buy a whole bunch of pretty ones to wear now ;)

HayleyB124 said:

I've got some makeshift stone beads. They're actually a pair of 1/2in fuchsia agate plugs I bought when my earlobes were smaller. They each have a hole through the middle that's the perfect size for my baby dreads.
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts

I'm half tempted to get a dremel tool to try to widen some bead holes. I have some bead reamers but not the patience to sit with one bead sanding the hole wider. It's way too tedius for my whacked out busy head.

The drift wood is a great idea. I may have to go to the beach soon!

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form