Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

college report

Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts

I wanted to ask about your experiences with your dreadlocks? Learning patience, and also learning more about myself, others around me, learned more about essential oils and started learning more about carbon footprint, chemicals, household items and herbs!

How long have you had dreads? almsot 10 months

How have other people reacted to your dreads (negative and positive experiences)? I have had both reactions, I have quite a few friends that say they suit me and my attitude so well, others comment on how strong I am for not caring about how I look and what others think (haven't decided if this is negative or positive yet :P) and then I have a mother in law that constantly tells me I ruined my hair and she misses my curls and hates my dreadlocks, and I've had one male friend tell me he missed my long curls as well, otherwise people seem to have gotten used to them and not really make too many comments around me.

Do you get asked if you wash them a lot? I have had people ask how I can not wash my hair, I go on to explain that I do, and usually my hubby jumps on the bandwagon and corrects them as well, I've been asked if I used raw eggs in them, what I've put in them, how I style them, how I wash them etc...but I'm trying to educated those around me as I go with timelines, and blog posts and discussing with them too!

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
13 years ago
2,702 posts

My locks were born from my desire to be close to nature and everyone around me. I was looking for my spiritual path at the time and decided to stop smoking herb for good.

That was over 5 years ago

Everyone except my family were thrilled about them. My mom thinks I am too old for such a "phase", and my dad is a racist who thinks locks are only for black people. He thinks I'm trying to look black. Everyone else I see either compliments me on them, or asks me advice on how to start.

I have only been asked how I wash them. Never "if" I was them. People who I run into ask more often if they can touch mine to see what locks feel like. I love when people touch my hair

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form