Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

White gunk on scalp, Dry skin? Baking Soda? Help!

BeauZay
@beauzay
12 years ago
92 posts

I noticed in the link DreadedThor provided, he says to "massage" the BS wash into the scalp, but SoaringEagle always says its just a pour over mixture no touching needed....what Should I do? Massage or just pour over and let it work? this is confusing.

updated by @beauzay: 07/13/15 01:29:03AM
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
I would just try different things and see what works for you. What I do is mix 1/2 C bs in 5 cups water, add my oils and either stir or shake it up until the bs is dissolved. I lean over over the tub with 2 containers. I pour the mixture over my head a couple times to make sure my scalp and all my hair is soaked. I put one container under my head/hair to catch the mixture as it runs off then rotate containers. Then I massage my trouble spots with my fingertips. Pour the mixture over my scalp a few more times. I usually dunk the top of my head in the container as well to make sure t's well saturated. I then squeeze/shake my hair our a bit, wrap a towel around my shoulders and chill for about 30 minutes. Rinse. I do the same thing with acv only leaving it in for a couple minutes and rinse well with cold water. It's a process for sure but it's one I enjoy. I do this every other day to every 4 days, depending on my work schedule and how lazy I'm feeling. I did this Monday afternoon and my hair is still soft and fluffy and my scalp is still happy. I probably won't need to do t again until Friday.For a think build up I would definitely massage with fingertips (no nails, you could scrape your scalp then it'd itch more while it heals) and wash every couple days, and definitely use acv to make your scalp happy.
BeauZay
@beauzay
12 years ago
92 posts

Mon, I will have to try it your way I think. with using 2 containers for the wash so I can pour over multiple times. I believe the dead skin (if thats what it is) is washing off the back of my head because I pour over once and i think most of the BS wash hits the back of my head, I Just washed and I can still scrape some scalp gently in the front of my head and there is still white gunk. And I always sort of felt the BS wash wasn't really getting to the front of my head as much. I'll be washing again in a couple days, So i'll buy a couple big bowls in the meantime to get ready for the next wash. My head does feel a little cleaner since I used more baking soda this time. but all the dead skin just isn't gone yet. THanks for the help everybody. I'll keep ya posted.

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
I use those reusable ziploc containers, pretty cheap and lightweight. The biggest one, I think they come in a pack of 2. Another thing, make sure the baking soda is dissolved all the way. Also, when I rinse, I kind of 'fluff' up my hair to make sure the clean water is getting every where and thru all my dreads. Kind of massaging my scalp at the same time to help lift off any dead flaky skin.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form