Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Scalp reaction to shampoo bar

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Ooh, why not cross-check the ingredients of this bar with that of the bar you know you are allergic too?

Anyway, regardless I think you've narrowed down your problem. Have you washed again since then?

Stephani said:

It could be a possibility, but I don't have problems when my dove bar soap that I use. I am allergic to zest though. It would always give me hives as a child. I'm so allergy prone it's not even funny LOL.

Valrie said:

I knew someone who was allergic to bar soap. Period. He would get itchi hives when he used it because the ingredients that kept it solid were what he was allergic to. Could this be a possibility? Sometimes we don't realize that bar soap has been slipping further and further away from everyday use, even in the home.

Stick it out with the liquid soap for a bit and see if you have a noticeable change in your scalp health. If it changes for the positive, you can always add a couple of drops of tea tree to it in a separate bottle and test with that. If it works out, then you aren't completely out in the cold with using the tea tree :)

updated by @valrie: 07/22/15 06:02:40AM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I know it can be annoying, and you could just look at all the soaps you are allergic to and cross them with the ones you're not, but a doctor will do a scratch test and then you'll know for sure

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

True. It may be worth getting a scratch test done anyway since you say you have a lot of allergies (and then you can really be all-around aware.)

Baba Fats said:

I know it can be annoying, and you could just look at all the soaps you are allergic to and cross them with the ones you're not, but a doctor will do a scratch test and then you'll know for sure

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form