dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What shampoo/wash do YOU use?? :O

Cage Free
@cage-free
14 years ago
41 posts

Jake Holland said:
(along with my tea tree, lavender, and rosemary oils) .
Jake,Essential oils are, as you said, very potent and should be used very carefully. Over exposure as well as inadvisable combination can wreak havoc on your body's endocrine and renal systems. We often think of them as just good smelling oils, but they are extremely concentrated and can actualy be quite dangerous.I'm writing to you specifically because I noticed that you are combining Tea Tree and Lavender oils. Both of these oils (with long term exposure) can be endocrine disruptors because they mimic the female sex hormone, Estrogen, which can block production of the male hormone, Androgen. For some, yet unknown reason, when the two oils are combined the can cause Gynecomastia which is a hormone imbalance that has been known to produce breasts in prepubescent boys.Essential oils, like herbs, are amazing, health protecting tools, but I would highly recommend getting at least a Essential Oils Cliffs Notes type book to make sure that you are using them safely.All the best...
updated by @cage-free: 07/09/15 11:37:49PM
Cage Free
@cage-free
14 years ago
41 posts

Aaron"TheLegend" said:
Damn I wish I could go 10 days no wash, my hair would lock up so quick!
But I have to find some kinda wash for my hair!
Because these little flakes in mi hair, just ain't working.

I have always had very dry skin (scalp) and hair, so I could get away with going up to three weeks and no one being the wiser, but my partner has oily scalp and hair and a tendency toward light dandruff. He's kept it all in check by switching to the same Aubrey Organics Tea Tree Clarifying that I use for my locks.

My father has a pretty serious issue with dandruff and keeps it in check with Neutrogena T Sal shampoo. I have seen mention of using this with dreads on other sites. Seems that since it specifically combats scalp build-up that perhaps it is also preventing buildup in the locks. Can't personally comment though. Never used it.

Best....
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
Hmmm sounds interesting....the ummm Tea tree oil mixed with lavender is kinda crazy, didn't see that coming lol.But I'll take a look at the T Sal Shampoo.Thanks :)
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
Dish soap.I love it more then anything else I have tried.
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts

lol me neither and I think quite a few people are using both

Aaron"TheLegend" said:

Hmmm sounds interesting....the ummm Tea tree oil mixed with lavender is kinda crazy, didn't see that coming lol.

But I'll take a look at the T Sal Shampoo.

Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts

I think I found out what's wrong when I'm washing my hair....I used the ACV and Baking soda wash today.....after 30 minutes out of the shower, my hair line started getting really dry.....Idk why but eh....I think somewhere down the line I'm drying out my skin....What's a good moisturizer??

Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts

this might sound gross, but not washing your hair for a bit is a great moisturizer. I'm not saying don't shower, just instead of washing ever other day wash once, rinse the next time, then wash the time after that. I sometimes blend some pure shea butter into a cup of water and put that on my scalp.

I also don't use baking soda/ACV because it gives me crazy dandruff. You might want to consider a natural oil based handmade shampoo.

Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts

Yeah I'm looking for Dr.Bonners, but I haven't found it anywhere :/

I gotta check target next.

But....I think the Baking Soda is giving me dandruff as well....sometimes I wash with other things and I don't get any for like a day or two. I rinse my hair well too.

Lex said:

this might sound gross, but not washing your hair for a bit is a great moisturizer. I'm not saying don't shower, just instead of washing ever other day wash once, rinse the next time, then wash the time after that. I sometimes blend some pure shea butter into a cup of water and put that on my scalp.

I also don't use baking soda/ACV because it gives me crazy dandruff. You might want to consider a natural oil based handmade shampoo.

Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts

yah, target has dr. bronners. it's over near the cosmetics not the shampoo isle. my target also carries burt bees shampoo and giovanni's tea tree shampoo.

Aaron"TheLegend" said:

But....I think the Baking Soda is giving me dandruff as well....sometimes I wash with other things and I don't get any for like a day or two. I rinse my hair well too.

Lex said:

Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts

Cosmetics.......I wonder why....since it's a shampoo/body wash huh.....idk what's good for my scalp anymore man. I've tried the Baking Soda, I use to go 4 days without washing...now I can barely go 1 day....and I use the acv wash too. Gotta find something that works GRRRR

Heather said:

yah, target has dr. bronners. it's over near the cosmetics not the shampoo isle. my target also carries burt bees shampoo and giovanni's tea tree shampoo.

Aaron"TheLegend" said:

Lex said:

/ 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form