Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Painful cracks on the heels

Flicker Wings
@flicker-wings
14 years ago
20 posts
I hate shoes, so I walk around barefoot pretty much all day, I have a pair of sandals to throw on if we are going into a restaurant, so I get cracks all the time.What I usually do is spend a good amount of time in the water, until the cracks have started to get that weird texture that's really gross. I usually swim in the pool, go to the beach, or take a long bath. Than I use a callus remover, I have always bought them at target, and it costs only a few bucks. It works a lot better than pumice stones, or the other foot wands. Now they have the ped egg, which I think in really gross so I just use the one that doesn't collect the skin lol. Than I scrub off all dead, ugly, cracks that'll come off. Usually when I am done there are a few deep ones left. This removes all the dead and dry skin, and prevents cracks from getting worse. They sell callus remover gels and cream, but they don't really work all that well. It just kind of speeds off the process. I would just use some tea tree oil to help.After that, I use coca butter, which will repair your feet as well as keep them hydrated. I have use Vaseline with socks but I found the coco butter helps my feet more. If my cracks have bled, I put tea tree oil on them.and I know this is a lot of work, but if you do it about once a week-twice if they're real bad-it prevents the cracks from getting worse, and using coco butter, or shea butter like island mama said, as much as you can-they'll improve. if you want to skip all this, you can probably just go get a pedicure. I have only done this once for a wedding but it was the only time I never had any cracks. Once you get soft feet, they're easier to take care of.The trick is to remove the calluses because it's the build up of dry skin that cracks on your heals. I never had any luck with creams or lotions or rubs or scrubs or anything like that, but if I scrub my feet once a week, they crack less. But once I start slackin, that's when the cracks get the worst. you just gotta give them some love.
updated by @flicker-wings: 07/18/15 04:05:54AM

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form