Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

feeling colorful....

KnotLady
@knotlady
5 years ago
301 posts

i knew iwas missingsome info lol. thats why i directed her to that site. and now i think i wantsome alma since it says itenhances curl because i always thought my hair was sstraight as a bored until i started dreading...now the loose hair i havehasthis awesome loose curl/wave to it.

Ixchel said:

to get browns you mix the henna & indigo. I also used it & have my mix ratios & photos of the changes in my timeline. Mine has faded a lot, but I used baking soda mostly to wash. The indigo seemed to fade first leaving the red behind. I overdyed a single dread with just indigo at my 1 year & that one has faded some but is still dark compared to the others right now. When I used henna before with undreaded hair & normal shampoos the color did seem to stick a lot more, I never got it to fade & ended up cutting it off eventually lol.

I totally agree with the hennaforhair site it has a great wealth of information & photos for mixes. On alma it says " The paste enhances waves and curl, and leaves a clean, healthy scalp.If you add amla to a henna and indigo mix, you will get a slightly cooler brown dye color. If you add amla to henna itself, you won't see any color change. You can mix amla with henna as the acid for dye release." I used alma in one of my mixes, you don't tend to use very much of it in comparison to the henna/indigo.

KnotLady said:

i dye mine red with henna but theres a brown dye i think called alma. go to hennaforhair.com and its mostly about henna but has a ton of info on other natural dyes. i trust them like i trust this site...

updated by @knotlady: 07/22/15 11:29:38AM
Ixchel
@ixchel
5 years ago
597 posts

mine did get some wave to it not too long after i used it, but i'm unsure if that was the alma or just the fact i stopped brushing. i'm guessing the alma because the wave hasn't stayed, the parts that aren't knotting are still super straight blah lol I want to make tons of big loops! I love every little bump & wave & loop i have hah

KnotLady said:

i knew iwas missingsome info lol. thats why i directed her to that site. and now i think i wantsome alma since it says itenhances curl because i always thought my hair was sstraight as a bored until i started dreading...now the loose hair i havehasthis awesome loose curl/wave to it.

Ixchel said:

to get browns you mix the henna & indigo. I also used it & have my mix ratios & photos of the changes in my timeline. Mine has faded a lot, but I used baking soda mostly to wash. The indigo seemed to fade first leaving the red behind. I overdyed a single dread with just indigo at my 1 year & that one has faded some but is still dark compared to the others right now. When I used henna before with undreaded hair & normal shampoos the color did seem to stick a lot more, I never got it to fade & ended up cutting it off eventually lol.

I totally agree with the hennaforhair site it has a great wealth of information & photos for mixes. On alma it says " The paste enhances waves and curl, and leaves a clean, healthy scalp.If you add amla to a henna and indigo mix, you will get a slightly cooler brown dye color. If you add amla to henna itself, you won't see any color change. You can mix amla with henna as the acid for dye release." I used alma in one of my mixes, you don't tend to use very much of it in comparison to the henna/indigo.

KnotLady said:

i dye mine red with henna but theres a brown dye i think called alma. go to hennaforhair.com and its mostly about henna but has a ton of info on other natural dyes. i trust them like i trust this site...

KnotLady
@knotlady
5 years ago
301 posts

i think mine is from not brushing and no residue to weigh itdown.

you are gainingvolume every picture you post. you will havelots of loopies soon!!

Ixchel said:

mine did get some wave to it not too long after i used it, but i'm unsure if that was the alma or just the fact i stopped brushing. i'm guessing the alma because the wave hasn't stayed, the parts that aren't knotting are still super straight blah lol I want to make tons of big loops! I love every little bump & wave & loop i have hah

KnotLady said:

Ixchel said:

KnotLady said:

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form