Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

feeling colorful....

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

i knew iwas missingsome info lol. thats why i directed her to that site. and now i think i wantsome alma since it says itenhances curl because i always thought my hair was sstraight as a bored until i started dreading...now the loose hair i havehasthis awesome loose curl/wave to it.

Ixchel said:

to get browns you mix the henna & indigo. I also used it & have my mix ratios & photos of the changes in my timeline. Mine has faded a lot, but I used baking soda mostly to wash. The indigo seemed to fade first leaving the red behind. I overdyed a single dread with just indigo at my 1 year & that one has faded some but is still dark compared to the others right now. When I used henna before with undreaded hair & normal shampoos the color did seem to stick a lot more, I never got it to fade & ended up cutting it off eventually lol.

I totally agree with the hennaforhair site it has a great wealth of information & photos for mixes. On alma it says " The paste enhances waves and curl, and leaves a clean, healthy scalp. If you add amla to a henna and indigo mix, you will get a slightly cooler brown dye color. If you add amla to henna itself, you won't see any color change. You can mix amla with henna as the acid for dye release." I used alma in one of my mixes, you don't tend to use very much of it in comparison to the henna/indigo.

KnotLady said:

i dye mine red with henna but theres a brown dye i think called alma. go to hennaforhair.com and its mostly about henna but has a ton of info on other natural dyes. i trust them like i trust this site...

updated by @knotlady: 07/22/15 11:29:38AM
Ixchel
@ixchel
11 years ago
597 posts

mine did get some wave to it not too long after i used it, but i'm unsure if that was the alma or just the fact i stopped brushing. i'm guessing the alma because the wave hasn't stayed, the parts that aren't knotting are still super straight blah lol I want to make tons of big loops! I love every little bump & wave & loop i have hah

KnotLady said:

i knew iwas missingsome info lol. thats why i directed her to that site. and now i think i wantsome alma since it says itenhances curl because i always thought my hair was sstraight as a bored until i started dreading...now the loose hair i havehasthis awesome loose curl/wave to it.

Ixchel said:

to get browns you mix the henna & indigo. I also used it & have my mix ratios & photos of the changes in my timeline. Mine has faded a lot, but I used baking soda mostly to wash. The indigo seemed to fade first leaving the red behind. I overdyed a single dread with just indigo at my 1 year & that one has faded some but is still dark compared to the others right now. When I used henna before with undreaded hair & normal shampoos the color did seem to stick a lot more, I never got it to fade & ended up cutting it off eventually lol.

I totally agree with the hennaforhair site it has a great wealth of information & photos for mixes. On alma it says " The paste enhances waves and curl, and leaves a clean, healthy scalp. If you add amla to a henna and indigo mix, you will get a slightly cooler brown dye color. If you add amla to henna itself, you won't see any color change. You can mix amla with henna as the acid for dye release." I used alma in one of my mixes, you don't tend to use very much of it in comparison to the henna/indigo.

KnotLady said:

i dye mine red with henna but theres a brown dye i think called alma. go to hennaforhair.com and its mostly about henna but has a ton of info on other natural dyes. i trust them like i trust this site...

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

i think mine is from not brushing and no residue to weigh itdown.

you are gainingvolume every picture you post. you will havelots of loopies soon!!

Ixchel said:

mine did get some wave to it not too long after i used it, but i'm unsure if that was the alma or just the fact i stopped brushing. i'm guessing the alma because the wave hasn't stayed, the parts that aren't knotting are still super straight blah lol I want to make tons of big loops! I love every little bump & wave & loop i have hah

KnotLady said:

Ixchel said:

KnotLady said:

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form