Dreadlocks Forums

Need help deciding what method to use

Sarah13
@sarah13
12 years ago
11 posts

ok, thanks for the help!

soaring eagle said:

well tight fitted hats can prevent progress so as loose wool tams a better optiom however they shoulfd hang loose as much as possible and well towel rubbing can go both ways u can rub in knots or rub em out its really better to just shake it out and sun or air dry

Sarah said:

Thank you for explaining. That does make sense. I think I will take your advice and let it do it's own thing and just make sure to separate any that start to get too big. I have been waiting a long time for my hair to grow and luckily I came across this site before beginning the process. I want to do it right the first time so that I will not have to "fix" anything major later on and it seems that neglect is thepreferredmethod for that.

As for the neglect method, is there anything that should be avoided? Right now, I wear hats every day, both normal and knit.. I would think the normal ones would flatten my hair out which may not be good? but I do have some loose lightweight knit ones I could use.

Also, when I do get my hair wet is there a certain way that I should towel dry it so as not to undo any of them, or does that just push the process along? I usually just give it a good rub with the towel and then wrap it around my head to soak as much water out as I can. then just let it air dry after that.

soaring eagle said:

just trying to save u the trouble of splitting dreads combining dreaads and redoing sections

the best way to go is to let it section itself it will section perfectly for your head

then theres way less chance that sections will try to split when u force sections often they reject your sectioning and try to revert to 2 or 3 dreads at the roots but they are still fused together further dowwn

your natural sectioning will blend perfectly and look best

updated by @sarah13: 07/19/15 05:25:57AM

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form