13 years ago
53 posts

Where did I say I had/expected locks?

updated by @josh6: 07/17/15 07:25:39AM
Josh6
@josh6
13 years ago
53 posts

Thanks for the info, just curious if you went completely natural or used some assistance?

Heather said:

a month and a half? i have thin hair too and its really resistant to knotting. it took a good 5 months for me to start knotting. i'm 14 months now and still have a lot of unknotted hair. its frustrating but it will happen at some point.

Josh6
@josh6
13 years ago
53 posts

Oh sorry Heather I take that back I should have looked at your photos first, they look great!

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

no problem. i tried the whole backcombing/t&r thing with my first set but i really hated how the sections were and with my fine hair it was really obvious squares. also t&r looks really braidy in my hair so i ended up combing it all out.

going natural was the best choice for my thin, fine hair. the softness of my hair on the other hand has made it quite slow to knotting. i do a lot of sea salt sprays on my hair on the days in between washes which seems to be helping. also little wooden beads which i've used since the beginning to hold sections together and encourage knotting.

you'll get there. it just take a lot of patience and forgetting you have hair:)

Josh said:

Oh sorry Heather I take that back I should have looked at your photos first, they look great!

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
13 years ago
2,702 posts

lol. I like the "forgetting you have hair" idea. It's really true though. you don't want to mess with it too much when you go neglect

Josh6
@josh6
13 years ago
53 posts

Sweet, well if my hair turns out the way yours is I'll be more then happy. Do you rinse the sea salt out of your hair afterwards or do you just avoid spraying on the scalp?

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
13 years ago
2,702 posts

me? I've actually never used seasalt. I use dr. bronners teatree bar soap. When I first started, I just rinsed with plain water. once they started to form, I used the bar to scrub my scalp and then rinse it out.

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

i spray it with sea salt water the day after i wash it. i don't rinse it out. i make sure i get all of my hair wet but i avoid my scalp because my scalp is dry enough. if its a sunny day then i'll sit outside and let my hair dry in the sun.

one thing i learned is that you really need to make your spray as close to the salinity of the ocean as possible which is 3.5%. too much salt and you'll dry out your hair and cause breakage. too little and it really won't be of any help in knotting. it takes a bit of math but it really does make a difference.

Josh said:

Sweet, well if my hair turns out the way yours is I'll be more then happy. Do you rinse the sea salt out of your hair afterwards or do you just avoid spraying on the scalp?

Josh6
@josh6
13 years ago
53 posts

That really helps thank you

Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

i didnt notice to start any real knotting untill 2 months man, give it some more time bro :)

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form