Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

A few questions about starting naturally...

Marco Esquandolas
@marco-esquandolas
14 years ago
15 posts
I've combed all my DHHQ locks out about a week ago, and I just have a few q's.What is the best length for dreads to start forming? At its longest point, my hair is about 12", but I did lose a ton in the removal process. I'm willing to lose a little bit of length if its gonna give em a boost.How often should I be washing with the baking soda at these very early stages? (I can probably find this one if I look)What is your opinion on sea salt, and how would you use it?
updated by @marco-esquandolas: 01/13/15 08:30:34PM
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
So from what I've read about all you need is 6 in. of growth to really get things started. They're going to shrink like you wouldn't believe, just be prepared for it.I keep washing every 2 to 3 days, if only because I can't stand going much longer than that. Others could tell you differently though, as I didn't go natural, I went twist and rip.On sea salt. I use it every so often, but it makes my scalp too itchy. I used to mix it up with hot water and spray on my dreads before washing. Swimming in the ocean is best though.. if you can get to one.
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
12 is pretty good start, the longer the better,the hair you lost in the removal was probably just what was trapped in your hair during your young locks life, so it probably wasn't too bad,as for the sea salt, I loved it, i used it as much as I could stand it (then again I live on the beach and in the first 4-5months going there all the time was nothing,*edit* sea salt not Seal salt lol
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form