14 years ago
40 posts
Thanks for all your replies.
updated by @katie2: 07/13/15 11:47:04AM
Eva Deva
@eva-deva
14 years ago
36 posts
bp used mats of hair to soak up oils.. mmm...i dont measure anything. i try a different ratio every week.i also have a ton of dandruff right now, but i always do in the fall because everything is changing and adjusting to climate. its mostly natural and to be expected.i use a huge mixing bowli dump about a cup or two of baking powder in...i dump about 15 drops of tea tree oil and 1-3 drops of lavender essential oil. any more then that and it is way too slimey for my liking.fill the bowl with a gallon of water. mix mix mixthen i dunk my head in the bowl and make sure my hair soaks it upthen i pour the rest onto my scalp, making sure to massage problem areas...the crown and temples.then i hang out for a bit - sing my favorite song or something...laugh because my head smells like a forest...then i dont bother rinsing..i go right for a half a cup of Apple Cider Vinegar mixed with the same amount of water.samey same...works good for me. and i alternate - so one week i'll do this rinse.the next week i'll wash with dr bronners tea tree soap..because i love scrubbing my head, and i miss not getting that with the rinse.its been working well.i would never add the huge amount of oils that people are talking about...but mostly because ESSENTIAL oils are damn expensive. and I don't need more than 3 drops usually. a little goes a LONG way. if you have insanely long dreads, or they are more than a year old, i can imagine using more oils.however, i've made a whole bathtub full of all the above steps and just soaked in it for like 30 mins...because all this stuff is also good for the skin. hooray efficiency!!

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form