Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dr. Bronner and stickiness solution ..

amethyst777
@amethyst777
12 years ago
95 posts

I just wanted to pass along something I've learned on my dread journey. I hope it will help you guys skip the Dr. Bronner's stickies if you have hard water.

First.... Dilute, dilute, dilute, and then... DILUTE! The recommended ration is 12:1 and I'm sure it works great if you have good soft water. If you have hard water, like I do, you probably need to double or even triple that. About 25:1 is working well for me. Also, the water maps are a great general guideline, but each water system treats their water in different ways. So just because it shows that you have soft water, like in my case, it doesn't mean you do.

Second.... I checked with SE before making this post and he told me that rock salt is often used in water softners so it makes sense that this is working for me.
What I do is use a sea salt spray (that I made up at home) on my locsa few hours before I plan to wash my hair. It seems to make the Dr. Bronners wash out better and my hair is soft and smells great after a wash. Before trying the sea salt, the Dr. B's left my hair with a sticky residue. Problem solved :) I hope this helps someone out!

updated by @amethyst777: 01/13/15 09:36:14PM
amethyst777
@amethyst777
12 years ago
95 posts

Yeah JFMS... I hope it helps. I've had hard and soft water at different times.. I don't like extremely soft water either, but then I wasn't dreading at that time :). Your dreads are looking great by the way! :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form