Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Curly dry hair

Dreaded Shredder
@dreaded-shredder
12 years ago
25 posts

I have naturally curly hair, which is pretty dry. For example, prior to dreading I would only wash my hair every 7-14 days (yeah gross, I know lol... ) Anyways... when i first dreaded my hair, I still only washed every 7-10ish days, which worked for my dryness, but I kept getting tons of congos! I had to go through with olive oil and some scissors to separate the few hairs that joined the bases of many of them. (I was clueless and didn't know I had to separate after every wash.... lol)

Now that I am washing twice a week, (bs andacv wash), so Iam able to keep them separate and uncongo'd,I find that my scalp is uncomfortable and itchy. Its not flaking and there is not any dandruff.I've tried aloe but unless I pour the whole bottle on its not reallyhelping. I just want to throw some coco butter or my old heavy conditionerup there (but I obviously wont!). What can I do to help alieviate it? I need a solution asap!! Thanks in advance!!

updated by @dreaded-shredder: 01/13/15 09:24:39PM
Dreaded Shredder
@dreaded-shredder
12 years ago
25 posts

I just have to add this: I'm sitting on the couch watching a documentary and I'm running my fingers over the many loops... as if they're braille and are speaking to me ;) I've been doing this for about 30 mins and my hands are sucked dry of moisture. Kinda like when you handle cardboard or paper for too long, pretty soon your hands don't have an ounce of moisture left! My hair is thirsty! help :)

James Turk
@james-turk
12 years ago
107 posts

I've heard adding peppermint oil to your BS helps alot with the itchies.

Dreaded Shredder
@dreaded-shredder
12 years ago
25 posts

Hmm.. the peppermint sounds soothing. Might have to pick some up tomorrow. As for the tea: how much do you make? tea bag to H20 ratio please :) thank you!

James Turk
@james-turk
12 years ago
107 posts

I just ordered some peppermint, can't wait to try it! I read to use only 1-5 drops per gallon though, really strong sent. Also ordered rosemary oil, I hear great things aboutit as well. I'm currently using tea tree and patchouli oil, I love the way they smell together!

Dreaded Shredder
@dreaded-shredder
12 years ago
25 posts

I've always used tea tree oil on my face to prevent breakouts so theres something in my head that doesn't want to use it on my head. Especially since it dries out my face! I've never smelled patchouli. I have no clue what that even is! I need to go to my local oil joint and learn a little :)

James Turk
@james-turk
12 years ago
107 posts

Yeah, I don't use much tea tree because of the drying out issue, 5 drops per gallon.Patchouli has tons of uses, it cures dandruff, heals skin, is a natural insect repellant, calms your nerves, it's an aphrodisiac, ect.Some love the sent others hate it, it's very earthy and can be overpowering if too much is used. I personally love it to death, but the wife hates it so I don't use too much, 3-5 drops per gallon.

James Turk
@james-turk
12 years ago
107 posts

How long do you leave the ACV in for? I wonder if you left it for 30-60 seconds if that would help with the dryness issue. I rinse it out immediately because it's conditioning and I don't need that, I just need the balance of it. But letting it sit for a little might help you out.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form