Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Washing Dreads With Hair Wraps advice please :)

Alive She Cried
@alive-she-cried
12 years ago
51 posts

not sure i know she was a hairdresser though

updated by @alive-she-cried: 07/23/15 04:24:02PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I'm not saying for sure, cause I don't know her, but many hairdressers believe that you need wax, or at least to crochet. Crocheting tightens them dangerously and breaks hairs into little pieces. The problem with over tight licks is that they can become water-logged. If they don't dry out completely, they will retain that water and it'll start to stew with your hair and cause mildew and mold. The same but worse will happen with wax. My hair actually rotted off of my scalp with my first set because of wax.

And Gwynnevere, You did say that you were timid when washing. The only wash that requires being "timid" is the BS/ACV wash because you don't have to touch your scalp. With any other soap washes, you need to scrub your scalp. But with wraps, just like without, you don't wash your locks. You just focus on your scalp and let it run through your hair when you rinse. With wool, you'll have to rinse a bit extra because it can absorb more soap as it rinses through it. SO just rinse more than normal. And really make sure it's dry. You can use a blow drier, but don't focus it on one area for long. Move it around so you don't get heat damage.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form