Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Are Salons Worth it?

Olivia Alger
@olivia-alger
11 years ago
16 posts

wow, thanks so much for this! I appreciate that you cared enough to look them up for me. One question though- can you tell me the difference in appearance of "real dread" and "fake dreads"? I know that fake dreads usually are done with dread perms, but the pictures you posted looked pretty good to me...maybe i just don't know what i'm looking for exactly.

thanks again!
soaring eagle said:

i looked them up and found thier fb

it looks like they specialize more in fake dreads then real ones but the "real" ones they show look like

ouch ouch ouch

oh whats worse is salonsugarphilly.com (dont go to it) is an empty page containing a virus nothing else just a virus

updated by @olivia-alger: 07/12/15 01:45:10AM
Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

All that scalp showing between the dreads is hair being pulled tight to the root of the dread, that tightness, the tension on the scalp causes a condition called traction alopecia which causes baldness. I bet it hurts for days if not weeks at a time. With natural dreads you cant see scalp inbetween, the scalp is protected by hair, from the sun, and there is rarely any pulling, if there is it is usually just a few hairs that got caught in a dread too far away or something, and is eased by simply pulling them apart.

Olivia Alger said:

wow, thanks so much for this! I appreciate that you cared enough to look them up for me. One question though- can you tell me the difference in appearance of "real dread" and "fake dreads"? I know that fake dreads usually are done with dread perms, but the pictures you posted looked pretty good to me...maybe i just don't know what i'm looking for exactly.

thanks again!
soaring eagle said:

it looks like they specialize more in fake dreads then real ones but the "real" ones they show look like

ouch ouch ouch

oh whats worse is salonsugarphilly.com (dont go to it) is an empty page containing a virus nothing else just a virus

Doogie
@doogie
11 years ago
321 posts

Embrace and love the loops and zig zags and keep your money! NEVER give in to ANY salon or someone else who does "maintenece"!

Doogie
@doogie
11 years ago
321 posts

Every time I see pictures like this it make my head hurt!

soaring eagle said:

ouch ouch ouch

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form