Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Brushing the teeth with soap

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Floride for plants is not the same as floride for people. As we all know, plants and animals are not the same thing. We use different chemicals in different ways. Some can absorb floride molecules and some can not. For people floride is not dangerous. At least in normal amounts. I can't speak for plants, but mine seem to have no problem with it. Floride is one of those chemicals added to water in order to purify it. Bottled water is probably less clean because it's from natural springs. They only do some filtering. There are probably more harmful chemicals in it than your normal tap water. Plus, you should be building upimmunityto bacteria. If all you drink is battled water, you're not building up your immune system.

Sorry, I've been on a little ranting phase lately. I'm off of school and not working right now. I'm a little stir crazy. And it's a little too cold to go hang outside for very long even if I bundle up.

I've heard of using soap, but like Eagle said: Irish Spring? really? I don't imagine that tasting very good or being good for you to injest.

Has anyone ever just chewed liquorice root? I did that for a while. Don't swallow it, but it's done me pretty well. Only problem is the spitting up juice. But it does make your teeth feel nice

updated by @baba-fats: 07/23/15 06:48:35PM
Robin Schmauss
@robin-schmauss
12 years ago
7 posts

i began using toothsoap instead of toothpaste, because there are no harmful chemicals in it(like fluoride imo), and it works better than toothpaste. the toothsoap was homemade, so the ingredients were all natural and had no glycerine in it. i read that glycerine, which is in toothpaste and most bar soaps,coats the teeth and doesnt allow them to remineralize, and that's not good. anyway, a lot of these suggestions from everyone are really good ones. i've read that things like baking soda, peroxide, certain oils, and sea salt or even dr. bronners are good to use so there are many options to try instead of using commercial toothpaste. happy brushing :P

Erin2
@erin2
12 years ago
29 posts

Hmmm I guess I'd try this in a pinch, but I have super sensitive teeth and have to use Sensodyne. I can't even use the Tom's version because it doesn't work. Which is strange because they both have the same active ingredient. *shrug*

I'm wary of fluoride in general, but I would much rather read proof and studies that have been done over anecdotal stories about some lady watering her plants this way or that. It could have been fluoride bothering the plants, or the chlorine most likely. Maybe she talked to them more after she started watering them with bottled water. lol

/ 3
Dislike 1

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form