dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

sticky substance on scalp

cecobask
@cecobask
11 years ago
7 posts

Hello!
I have a white/yellow sticky substance on my scalp and when i scratch it with nail there's build up. I don't scrub my scalp when i wash my hair because of this substance... if i scrub it spreads everywhere and it's impossible to get rid of. I only soak my hair in baking soda and then rinse. What should i do to get rid of this sticky dandrufflike thing?

updated by @cecobask: 01/13/15 09:50:49PM
JavaLizard
@javalizard
11 years ago
89 posts

Sounds like you have an internal yeast imbalance. What is your diet like? Cut out refined stuff, sugars, and it should clear up in a day or two. Oh and no alcohol. Lots of raw veggies and water.

If you had dandruff before dreads chances are you always had a yeast imbalance but the new hair style exposes and traps differently allowing yeast to build up. It spreads because it is bacteria and yeast.

Increase ACV or break down and use an anti dandruff, there is one called clear, and it is residue free. Yeast infections happen, and they don't just have to be down there on girls, we all can get them in various places.

cecobask
@cecobask
11 years ago
7 posts

Yikes! Look, guys, i got a photo, that's the best one i could get... do you see this flaky stuff... it's gross, i can't get it out

updated by @cecobask: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

If you've got extremely hard water it could be from that, nothing will rinse out (except Vicki's dreadlockshampoo).

peace

cecobask
@cecobask
11 years ago
7 posts

isn't there any other solution? i can't afford to order the shampoo

Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

Do you know if you have hard water? You can search 'hard water maps" for your area.

peace

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form