Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Is this knot good?..

Sirick
@sirick
11 years ago
26 posts

I just noticed my first bit of looped hair.
It's right at the end of one my oldest and longest sections of hair.
At first I was happy to find it, but then I started to think if it's right or not.
Looking at the loop it looks like it will tie it's self into a pretty neat knot right at the end of my hair. Will this not stop the rest of the hair above it from dreading by limiting it's movement?
I'm just a little worried I will end up with a bit of a knot at the end of my hair and not a dread.

Picture included (please ignore spots of gravy stains from my dinner).

updated by @sirick: 01/13/15 09:50:33PM
Ixchel
@ixchel
11 years ago
597 posts

all knots are good knots! the loopiest one i have has a knot tied around it, similar to this. it's still been changing even tho the knot around it seems tight, somewhere hairs are still able to move & do what they need to :)

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

What wouldn't be good about it? Knots are what locks are made of. It's just your lock changing a bit. Even mature locks change periodically

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

no! the ones that get crazy at the ends dread the fastest. trust me lol. i had lots of paddle things and those became mature the fastest and have mostly rounded out and im at 9 months. so just be patient! :)

Sirick
@sirick
11 years ago
26 posts

Okay, I'm a little more reassured now.

For so long it's been drilled into me that knots and tangles are bad, so now even though I want them old habits die hard.

I'll just leave my hair be for a few weeks and let it do it's own thing.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form