Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Starting over- advice desperately needed!

Daniel Pazo
@daniel-pazo
11 years ago
18 posts

I have made the decision to comb out my twist and rip dreads, and once I'm done I will let my hair be free and hopefully form into natural dreadlocks.

I have a few questions though-

Is it normal to lose a lot of hair when combing out dreads? I never crocheted them or palm rolled, but quite a lot of hair is coming out.. my hair doesn't look thin because I have a lot of hair, but how much hair is normal to lose? I had them for around 3 months.

I have very very lightly textured hair, and by that I mean in the front it's nearly bone straight, but in the back it's slightly wavy. Will this be an issue in the freeform method?

Thanks to those who read this. If anyone has ANY general tips and advice for natural dreading with my hair type, can you please let me know. Thank you :)

updated by @daniel-pazo: 01/13/15 09:50:26PM
Daniel Pazo
@daniel-pazo
11 years ago
18 posts

Okay, that's a relief, I thought I did something horribly wrong which made me lose the hair. Thank you for your response, much appreciated. :)

Daniel Pazo
@daniel-pazo
11 years ago
18 posts

Oh, I'm combing the twist and rip ones out because well.. I don't have a clear cut reason.. they just don't feel right to me. I have this gut feeling about them not being the right thing to do, and they almost feel fake I guess.

Daniel Pazo
@daniel-pazo
11 years ago
18 posts

Haha, fair enough. Thanks a lot. :) x

Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

hair keeps falling everyday n new hair keeps replacing them. thats how the hair grows... since u have dreads these fallen hair never show up becos they get trapped and become a part of ur dreads. u may even loose as many as 100 hair a day. so just calculate how many of ur hair must have fallen in these past 3 months..

since u combed them out they are all visible now and u know that ur hair has fallen in these 3 months.

as ur hair length grows.. all hair types dread eventually. the only difference is some hair types lock up within weeks whereas some lock up in months. ur hair will do fine for sure. good luck bro. :)

Daniel Pazo
@daniel-pazo
11 years ago
18 posts

Oh I see, I never really thought of that before, makes a lot of sense. Thank you for your input, Ojas. :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form