Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Shampoos

bobbie
@bobbie
11 years ago
3 posts

I just typed this whole thing on my profile cause im a little lost, hopefully this posts correctly :) I came to the site in my first few months for concerns and from there decided to let my dreads do their thing. I purchased dreadlockshampoo.com liquid shampoo and have been using it for 3 or 4 months now. Love it! Its time to order new though. I'm wondering if I should stick with the lock up liquid for longer or try something new at this point? Im at 10 months and wash 2 times a week usually.

would greatly appriciate y'alls reccomendations :)

xoxoxo

updated by @bobbie: 01/13/15 09:50:25PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

There's no real reason to switch to a bar. It's all personalpreference. My locks are about 6 years old, and I sometimes use the liquid soaps. They are awesome. Liquid is easier to manage while your locks are still in thatuntanglingand reknotting phase

bobbie
@bobbie
11 years ago
3 posts

Thanks :) any other remedys i should do besides liquid wash 2x weekly?

Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

Ever tried sea salt spray? It rrreally helps the locking process.

matt krantzberg
@matt-krantzberg
11 years ago
20 posts
hey baba, I just got my first package from dreadlockshampoo I got the liquid and a bar. and they threw in a sample which was sweet. curious though. how should I go about using the bar? sorry to hijack the thread.
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

It's easy. Just scrub your scalp with it. Get your scalp nice and lathered, and let it sit there for a few minutes. Then rinse it off. Don't worry about your hair itself. The soap will rinse through it on the way out.

bobbie
@bobbie
11 years ago
3 posts

Laura Earle, I did do the salt spray for a month or so then stopped. I didn't wanna dry my hair out too bad. I'm not too sure about the quantity mixtures/oils to include if any. I read a thread about it once but lost it. What did you use?

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

You can use normal table salt if you're desperate. The salt they sell at pet stores is better. PinkHimalayan salt is the best. Ocean water is 3.5% salt by volume. So you want to make your solution thatconcentration. It's about 1 tbls in 1 liter of water. You can add whatever oils you want to mix in.

If you don't leave the salt in for more than a couple of hours (2 is the longest you should try to leave it in), and you don't over do the salt, you won't run any risk frying your hair.

matt krantzberg
@matt-krantzberg
11 years ago
20 posts
good lookin baba. whenever I wash my hair in the shower I always try to make believe my mane is a sponge. and soak up the soap. and then rinse it out.
Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

^...Yeah, Baba beat me to it haha

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form