Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Roots are really long

Lexiie Conroy
@lexiie-conroy
11 years ago
15 posts

I think. I feel like there's too much hair at my root that isn't part of the dread. On most of them, the hair is almost the length of my whole index finger.

Is that normal? I know it's going to take a while, but my hair grows really fast, should I do anything to help it dread? Something that isn't crazilydestructive?

updated by @lexiie-conroy: 01/13/15 09:44:39PM
Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
It's completely normal and healthy to have roots up to 3-4 inches long. As they mature they'll knot up closer to your head. They need to move freely to tangle up. If you tie them up a lot, try leaving them down more. That'll help a bit. Otherwise it's normal to have roots that long.
Lexiie Conroy
@lexiie-conroy
11 years ago
15 posts

Ahh, thank you very much!!

Castaway J
@castaway-j
11 years ago
585 posts

yesh its normal hsave a looksie at mines. they grow and then twist on thermselves its ccool and pasrt of the journey :)

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

Not at all. Hair doesn't start to lock up until it's about 5-6 inches long. Most of the time new growth will get sucked into a lock that is already there. If it doesn't, it will start to form it's own lock. But it won't do that until it's a little longer. You could TnR that new hair to get it started, but it will probably just unravel when you wash.

It's perfectly normal to have new growth that looks like that. Give it some more time

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form