Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Advice needed

Lionel
@lionel
12 years ago
3 posts

Hello all , i need some advice, im on my dreading process going natural method, my hair are very curly and i got lots of compliment from the opposite sex for it( that my hair are great,bla bla bla)

I also love them long curly but my aim it so have dreadlock, my problem is that my hair are only dreading in the back :/ lots of baby dread, some seem even mature and no other sign of dreading anywhere else( front,side) i know its due to the fact im sleeping on my back, but i have dread hair in the back and curly hair not really cool to go outside like that, i cant wear beanie as its flatten my hair, i have try loose beanie still the same effect. i dont know if i should try to comb the back of my hair to slow the process, to give time to the front and side of my hair to dread, your help is most welcome. Thanx ( pic of what my hair look like in attachment)

updated by @lionel: 01/13/15 09:37:13PM
Ahil Ganesan
@ahil-ganesan
12 years ago
53 posts
This sounds exactly like my hair man 100% my hair is super curly ( I'm Indian but have unnaturally super curly hair) and for about 12 months my hair would not dread properly at the front. I had huge fat dreads at the back but limp loose ones at the front, then all of a sudden my hair at the front started making progress really quickly. The point of this story is all you need to do is be patient and stay strong no matter what. It is amazingly rewarding. It WILL dread at the front even if you think it won't
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

It looks just fine.

I'd bet you sleep on your back. Right? Whatever side you sleep on tends to knot up much faster. If you can switch it up, and sleep on either side, they will tangle faster and start to catch up.

Also, try a sea salt rinse or spray before your normal wash. Salt will help dry out your hair and makes it much easier to tangle. But don't use i if you're not going to wash them within 2 hours.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form