Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Am I the only one who gets this?

Antony
@antony
15 years ago
80 posts
Every single day at school I get the exact same people asking me "When are your dreads going to be finished?" and "Are you still working on it?"And I always go "I'm not sure, maybe by spring or summer...it takes time...new hair grows into old...etc." and "I'm working on it as we speak, as long as my hair is growing...So, I can't physically stop, to be honest...All hair is trying to dread...etc."They get it. But, the next day, it starts all over again. The same exact questions and it's getting more irritating. I'm not saying that they should know everything they need to know about dreads after one conversation. But, every day. Every single day, literally. Everyday the same old questions that I answered yesterday and the day before. Is there any way I can nicely tell them that the answers to the questions aren't going to change any time soon? Or just somehow make them ask other questions?
updated by @antony: 01/13/15 08:29:23PM
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
no man I get them all the time usually preceded by "hey i think the person who did you dreads needs to redo the front part cuz theres hair popping out, to answer that question just sayDreads are Never finished, not ever! unless you decide one day to cut them off. they are always developing and will looks different as the months an years go on.of course I always mix that up, it does get annoying, unless I can tell they are generally interested in which case I wont shut up till they make me, :)
Antony
@antony
15 years ago
80 posts
I get that sometimes too. Every once in a while I'll get something different like "It would look cool if you dyed it (insert crazy color here)" or "What's your shampoo made of?"But, the same questions on a daily basis is just ridiculous. Maybe I'll just give them straight answers like "soon" and "always". It's probably just that they didn't understand my long explanation.EDIT: There's this one guy who annoys me out of all the others. Every single period I see him (2) he goes "Is it working? *twisting motion near head*". I always have to say "Yes, it's growing." Next time, I'm just going to say "That's what she said" out of pure humor.
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
haha, that'll do =Pand if he keeps doing that, tell him, are you serious? haven't you seen how I looked a few months ago? of course its working
Jake
@jake
15 years ago
10 posts
ooo yeah i feel ya dude. some people do it to entertain themselves or be funny (i don't get it must not be our style of humor). but i like when people want to talk about them wether they love 'em or hate 'em. it gets annoying but don't let it bother you man. at least you aren't a little conformist giving into all their bull shit. respect
Matthew2
@matthew2
15 years ago
6 posts
Here's what you do:1. Buy a voice recorder.2. Record your answers.3. Play the answers for everyone. :)I get the same questions, of course. Aaaand.. I just keep answering them..
Antony
@antony
15 years ago
80 posts
LMAO I should do that. It'll work because something tells me that they forget that they asked the same question the day before. Matthew said:
Here's what you do:
1. Buy a voice recorder.
2. Record your answers.
3. Play the answers for everyone. :)

I get the same questions, of course. Aaaand.. I just keep answering them..
Matthew2
@matthew2
15 years ago
6 posts
The recorder will definitely help it stick. I would include some obscenities in there to help it stick. Fiend Jester said:
LMAO I should do that. It'll work because something tells me that they forget that they asked the same question the day before.

Matthew said:
Here's what you do:
1. Buy a voice recorder.
2. Record your answers.
3. Play the answers for everyone. :)

I get the same questions, of course. Aaaand.. I just keep answering them..
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form