Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

safe shampoo

Danielle Hache
@danielle-hache
12 years ago
100 posts

can someone please take a look at this link and tell me if the ingredients in this shampoo are safe for my baby dreads ....
http://www.lush.ca/Squeaky-Green/02736,en_CA,pd.html?start=12&cgid=solid-shampoos

i have been using BS and AVC for over a month my scalp is a bit irritated i would like to try something else ...but i dont want to put any unnatural products on my dreads ...this product claims to be natural ....however i am skeptical because of all the wierd names in the ingredients that i cannot pronounce ....anyways im hoping someone who knows about this stuff can tell me a bit more....thanks dreadies :)

updated by @danielle-hache: 01/13/15 09:35:58PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

The first ingredient is Sodium Laurel Sulfate. That alone has been linked to causing a few cancers. It is terrible for your health and should be stayed away from in all products. So, no, never use this soap.

Check out the soaps from dreadlockshampoo.com. If you were willing to spend over $10 for that bar, you'll love these ones. They are all natural and use as many local products as possible

Danielle Hache
@danielle-hache
12 years ago
100 posts

will do thanks ....i figured it sounded bad ....:)...

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

a lot of people with dreads use lush shampoo bars. i use them once in a while but they really can strip your hair. my new favorite shampoo (beside the bs/acv wash) is Kiss My Face Whenever Shampoo. The ingredients are wonderful and it rinses really well even with my crappy hard water. my hair was starting to feel really dry lately and this shampoo is ph balanced and doesn't strip the natural oils that support healthy hair. you can get it online or at most health food stores like sprouts or whole foods.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form