Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Questions

Conny Nordlund
@conny-nordlund
12 years ago
19 posts

I posted before but I'm still a bit confused so I thought I'd ask a few more questions about my dreads.

I've had them for over a week now and they look insane. Some are dreading up pretty nicely but I have a crapload of loose hairs and loose hairs in the front that keeps licking my face and it's very frustrating. Should I do something about the loose hairs?

Should I do anymaintenanceat all? I get that I shouldn't use any wax or abuse my hair in any way but the thing with loose hairs and stuff bugs me. Especially the ones that keeps falling in my face.

And one last thing. How often should I shower? Is there something I should think about when showering so I don't screw something up? I have a shampoo with no crap in it, it's completely natural. I've been really resistant of showering after the two other times when my hair completelycollapsed, so I haven't showered in almost a week now (the hair, not the body). Should I keep resisting to shower my hair for a bit longer or should I shower? The hair feels a bit oily at the moment and my scalp kind of itches so I was thinking that it might be bad for the dreading process.

I've also heard that showering in cooler water is better than warm, is that true?

Sorry for asking so much in one thread.

updated by @conny-nordlund: 01/13/15 09:30:41PM
Rainbow Fortune
@rainbow-fortune
12 years ago
123 posts

The loose hairs go away eventually, but never completely. You'll always have them, but not as much. You're only a week or so in, you will get used to them. In the meantime, you could try wearing headbands or something to keep hair out of your face, but to give it enough room for it to move and make knots.

You should (and have to) wash your hair, oily hair won't dread, since it's slippery and won't knot. You should wash them at least once a week, if not more. Actually, wash when you feel like it; when your hair feels like it should be washed.

And washing your hair with cold water is good fordandruff, fighting it, that is.

Conny Nordlund
@conny-nordlund
12 years ago
19 posts

Alright, that cleared things up, thank you.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form