Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My BS wash recipe

AllOrNothing
@allornothing
12 years ago
35 posts

For the last two weeks, I've been doing a plain BS wash, followed by ACV rinse. Last week I was getting frustrated, because my hair was getting too dry. Sooo... I wanted to add some essential oils. Problem is, I'm dead broke. I gave up, and decided that if it got too bad, I'd just do a coconut oil treatment. Three days ago, I was looking at the back of my diaper rash spray bottle, and I read that the ingredients were lavender oil infused with chamomile, tea tree oil, and jojoba oil, in a witch hazel suspension. I though; well, all but the witch hazel sounds great. Witch hazel, as an astringent, could prove damaging. So I decided to check out the sample I had of the 'concentrated' version of the same spray. TA-DA! Same stuff, no witch hazel! I've been mixing it into my BS wash for two washes now, and my hair feels SO healthy!

1 gallon lukewarm water
1/4 cup baking soda
about 1tsp Kissaluvs Diaper Lotion Potion-concentrated

PS: It smells AWESOME!

So if you happen to have it around (I know it's not super common, but it's not exactly a secret either, especially for cloth diapering families), or you don't mind spending the (relatively small amount of) money on it, know that it comes well recommended by someone who's been using it on the butt of a very sensitive-skinned child for well over a year.

updated by @allornothing: 01/13/15 09:21:48PM
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form