BEFORE

1 MONTH

2 MONTH

updated by @naked-naturalist: 02/14/15 12:16:17PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

wow. great for 2 months. What methods did you use to start?

Naked Naturalist
@naked-naturalist
12 years ago
88 posts

i used a very light tnr. i just did that so it would be less hard to seperate because i have dry native hair. if i would have done natural i would of had one big dread. even now i have to seperate twice a day(sometimes more) but i left them alone to do their own thing. at first they were fluffly and really loose. then one day they decided to tighten so im very thankful for that. theyre are some loopy, and some at the ends and the whispy ends you can see theyre knotting up creating like twisty turny things lol

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I always love the way they look at that stage, when they are all wispy and tangled. I mean, I love my locks, and I'd never think about cutting them, but sometimes I miss it when they were just a tangled mess. Keep it up. If they go at this rate, they'll be fully mature within the year, if some of them are not already

Naked Naturalist
@naked-naturalist
12 years ago
88 posts

some are really tight and mature at the bottom. the ones on the top have a ways to go lol

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Locks tend to grow like that. They usually start knotting closer to the middle and bottom and then work their way up. Probably cause it's easier for hair to tangle closer to the end of the strand. How much length have you lost so far?

And my hair was the same. I've got middle eastern hair. Pretty thick and wavy. And the locks around the crown of my head locked up almost instantly, but even after 5 years, the ones on top are still forming. most are mature, but there's always new hair that pops up and wants to knot

Naked Naturalist
@naked-naturalist
12 years ago
88 posts

yeah my hair is crazy thick but its straight. my natural hair color is dark brown/black. but as you see in this picture i kind of ruined it :/ and whenever i get out of the shower and the dreads dry they seem to get tighter and tighter and more mature each time. lol thats why i love to wash them

Naked Naturalist
@naked-naturalist
12 years ago
88 posts

and my hair was about a little past my chest before. not its about my shoulders. maybe a bit longer. so i have lost a bit of length lol i just hope i dont lose anymore lol

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

same. I've been trying to tighten up a few babies, and they seem to get tighter every time I shower too

Naked Naturalist
@naked-naturalist
12 years ago
88 posts

well im glad to hear (:

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form