dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Starting out & tying hair back.

Reppyboyo
@reppyboyo
12 years ago
26 posts

Hi,

Looking to start getting myself knotted, likely the natural way. (Cant do TnR myself and know of no one whom can do it)
My hair is currently half way down my back, not sure the length but pretty damned long (been a long hair for 6 years now) and knots incredibly easy, so the process may be slightly more accelerated than some.

However, Im constantly on the move at work and alway have my hair tied back to keep it out of my face.

I am lead tobelievethat this would be bad for natural dreads, as the hair cant move much and/or may morph into one massive dread.
What alternatives are there to the standard hair tie that I could use as not to hinder the dreading but also to help keep my hair out of my face.

Thanks all.
(Been reading the forums and "Dreaducation" for the passed 2 hours now, very informative!)

updated by @reppyboyo: 01/13/15 09:19:00PM
Chris Atchison
@chris-atchison
12 years ago
11 posts

I would just get a piece of crocheted wool and keep your hair out of your face...I hope this helps

Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

Maybe you can just tie it back loosely. Anyway, you separate your hair so they don't form one giant dread, so tying it back all the time may hinder the progress slightly, but it should be fine, I don't see it being too much of a problem

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form