Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hi! I'm Kimberly

Kimberly Eve
@kimberly-eve
12 years ago
59 posts

Hi all! I'm kimberly, I'm 26 and and I have a eight month old boy. I've wanted dreads for AWHILE, and have decided to make it a reality :) I am so glad I found this site! I was looking at both knotty boy and dreadheadhq and decided to research a bit more. Whew! Glad I didn't make that mistake! ;-)

So about my hair: It's almost halfway down my back, kind of wavy. I think for the past few months I've just been preventing dreads. Meaning I wash my hair with baking soda and rinse with acv about once a week, and only brush my hair a couple of times a week. And those couple of times I brush it out, it's a beast!!

I think I'llgo the natural way and I have a few questions so Iguess I'll pop over to the methods board and ask them there!

updated by @kimberly-eve: 01/13/15 09:18:57PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Well, for the natural method, all you have to do is stop brushing all together. wash more than once a week. when you start out, you want to wash 2-3 times a week. The more you wash early on the faster and easier your hair knots. clean locks are happy locks.

Kimberly Eve
@kimberly-eve
12 years ago
59 posts

Thanks for reminding me to wash more. That makes sense :)

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

no prob. You don't have to cut back to once a week until you're closer to a year in. I'm at 5 years and once in a while I still wash twice a week. It depends, cause mine are super fat, so it takes longer to dry

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form