Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Oily hair

Ras Scoob
@ras-scoob
13 years ago
3 posts

O.K. so I haven't started my dreads just yet, want to get some more length first but I have hair that tends to become oily if not washed at least once a day. Will this be a problem when I start to let it lock up and if so is there any paticular shapoos that could help in said situation? I appreciate any and all feedback.

updated by @ras-scoob: 01/13/15 09:16:08PM
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

i used to have an oily scalp too. its not really what you need to wash with as it is cutting back on washing so that your scalp will adjust and become less oily. it took my scalp a good 4 - 5 months to adjust. i used to need to wash my hair daily but now i can go 3 or 4 days without any oily roots. actually my scalp is a bit too dry now:/

Ras Scoob
@ras-scoob
13 years ago
3 posts

Thanks I'll try that.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
13 years ago
2,702 posts

what soap are you using? that will change how oily your hair is too

Lunatic
@lunatic
13 years ago
24 posts

Wash less frequently, the conventional shampoos usually strip the hair of its natural oils, so the scalp overproduces it, jut in case you decide to strip it off again ;)

i used to have oily hair too, and keeping a steady washing routine and dreads itself treated the problem; i now wash every 3-4 days and my hair is rarely oily.

Ras Scoob
@ras-scoob
13 years ago
3 posts

Thanks guys. That sounds easy enough. I was thinking that if I didn't wash it that it would just get oilier. I wonder if thats some twisted plan that they came up with mixing the right chemicals to keep you washing your hair everyday! I wouldn't doubt it.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
13 years ago
2,702 posts

lol. haven't you ever read the directions on most bottles: lather, rinse, repeat. That was the plan all along

danatrain
@danatrain
13 years ago
1 posts

when i first started dreading I also had the same problem! For sure, your body readjusts in time. Also after only a month I went back to my normal washing routine. I found washing my locs actually helped tighten them up. but use either baking soda or dr. bronners magic soap or something similar.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form