Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

wax in one dread

George2
@george2
13 years ago
3 posts

hi everyone. this isn't exactly a disaster, at least i hope not. i've very recently just got dreads, however i put a small a bit of wax on one dread and then ever so luckily found your site revealing the truth behind this crap. Should i get the wax out asap? or will the wax go away eventually over time? oh and do i still need the rubber bands in since i backcombed, will i need them for sleeping or can i just take them all out?

thank you and i look forward to your help :)

updated by @george2: 01/13/15 09:16:01PM
Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

lol glad you didnt put wax in all of them. yeah its a great idea to get ALL of that wax out of your hair, all of it. when your not sure if its all gone, do whatever you were doing to get it out, again.

rubberbands, you dont need them. you should cut them out asap to. they can pull hair out and just work against what you want.

George2
@george2
13 years ago
3 posts

ahhh thanks man! feel like an idiot keeping these rubber bands in haha. i havnt showered yet or anything so the wax is still in there. i was just wondering if the wax would come out over time so i wouldn't have to do anything extreme like that boiling method i read about.

Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

you probly will have to do the boiling method lol. the wax as i understand dread wax will not come out on its own and will be there for years.

George2
@george2
13 years ago
3 posts

oh damn it. looks like ill do that then. many thanks :)

Bummie
@bummie
13 years ago
34 posts

Take that metal comb you used to back comb and brush the one lock out in the shower with HOT water than back comb it again if you want. but remember that once you take those rubber bands out alot of what you back combed will un-knot itself and naturally knot itself again so dont get scared or overwhelmed by all the loose hair or locks that just come undone.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form