Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Tip for hair washing technique

roni
@roni
13 years ago
37 posts

Very simple one but I find it useful" : I pourto a small plastic bottle (half liter), the desired amount of shampoo,

then add worm water and shake it. Effective for me, and preventslarge amount of shampoo (as I used to do in the past, with my curly hair.

updated by @roni: 01/13/15 09:15:16PM
Hans Miniar Jónsson
@hans-miniar-jnsson
13 years ago
74 posts

When I use liquid shampoo I've started out bent over so all my locks fall forwards and then put a tiny bit into the roots at the back of my head, then flip over a few locks and put a tiny bit of shampoo in the roots there, and so on and so forth, until the shampoo's in tiny bits all over my roots, then I massage into a good lather that I squeeze into the locks themselves.

When I've had a shampoo that's more viscous I've actually done what you're describing and watered it down into a squeeze bottle before I've done the same thing as above.

I don't go through a lot of shampoo, needless to say.

roni
@roni
13 years ago
37 posts

Hi Hans,

thanks.

are there non-liquid shampoos? I use herbal- Nettle Shampoo+ Rosemary. BTW- i am not sure whether to apply Coconut oil before/after shampooing. my hair is dry.

Hans Miniar Jónsson
@hans-miniar-jnsson
13 years ago
74 posts

yep there are

Just got some of them dreadlock shampoo bars that smell so awesome that puppy wants to eat them!

roni
@roni
13 years ago
37 posts

:-) I assume it's impossible to get here.

Amy Lee2
@amy-lee2
13 years ago
87 posts

i just did some coconut oil on mine yesterday. my tips were getting very brittle. i only used a very small amount on each one and left it in after my wash. so far so good. it seems to have soaked in and my tips feel better. good tip about the bottle. i usually start out with most of mine pinned on top of my head. i wash the bottom few, then let down a few more and do them. in sections if you will.

roni
@roni
13 years ago
37 posts

washed my hairyesterday - but got the c. oil a few hours later.worth a try to use some now.

do you wash them at the sink/basin? I prefer the bath; latgering 2-3 times.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form