Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Has Anyone Tried Apple Pectin in Hard-Water

Cameron Zion
@cameron-zion
13 years ago
45 posts

At the moment I am out supporting an E.P. release and sadly it won't always be functional to have my several boxes of baking soda, essential oils, apple cider vinegar and one gallon tea-pitcher on hand. I've heard a few people saying the Apple Pectin is a great natural shampoo that works like a clarifying shampoo as well. just curious as to whether or not anyone has used it in hard-water. As most of us know, a lot of soaps/shampoos do not rinse well in hard-water. Any thoughts or comments are greatly appreciated and if it comes down to it I will figure out a way to continue making my rinse. Just thought I would through it out here. I can't recall Heather or Panterra ever writing anything about Apple Pectin. Good chance that I am wrong as it seems those two have tried everything under the sun. Thanks everyone and I hope you can see that it's beautiful wherever you are. Jah Bless

updated by @cameron-zion: 01/13/15 09:11:33PM
Hans Miniar Jónsson
@hans-miniar-jnsson
13 years ago
74 posts

Pectin is primarily found in cell walls in plants and it's commonly used as a stabilizerprimarilyin making jams and jellies. It's the stuff that thickens up jam/jelly.

I don't "know" how that would translate to a reasonable shampoo/soap though I wouldn't besurprisedif it's thickening/stabilizing properties would make it more able to remove residue/dirt from hair, though that's just a guess from the seat of my pants. I'm no chemistry major.

All I've ever used it for is giving a little more spring to my redcurrant jelly...

Cameron Zion
@cameron-zion
13 years ago
45 posts

It's an Apple Pectin shampoo. Apparently was around in the 80's early 90's and now re-formulated. The fact that the word formulated is even in the description has enticed me to move on. Whatever it is I need Jah will bring it across my path, thanks for the input and if anyone has comments or experience please leave something. Bless up!

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

nope. never tried it even though i feel like i've tried it all. i'm currently using desert essence lemon tea tree shampoo mixed with baking soda.

Cameron Zion
@cameron-zion
13 years ago
45 posts

I'm guessing you've been happy with it? If I wasn't going to be on the go then I would just get a water-softenershower head they're only around $50. But we'll see.

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

well, out of all the shampoos i've tried my scalp and hair have been the best when using the desert essence shampoo. i don't have a dandruff problem but my scalp does get kind of tight and dry feeling as the weather starts to cool and this seems to soothe it the best but still leave my hair squeaky clean. plus it doesn't contain any sulfate or parabens which i try to avoid.

Cameron Zion
@cameron-zion
13 years ago
45 posts

I'll have to give it a go. Thanks for the info hope you have a blessed day :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form