Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

bleached dreads and baking soda

Cathy
@cathy
13 years ago
33 posts

I've always used Boots Residue Free shampoo up until now but like the idea of baking soda and lemon juice (this can be used instead of acv yeah?). I just wanted to check this would be OK with bleached dreads as I read in a previous thread that Panterra said it could add extra stress or something to them?

Thanks for any replies!

updated by @cathy: 01/13/15 09:06:03PM
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts
ACV and lemon juice are not interchangeable. Many people assume that the two are equal in their use on hair. Lemon should NEVER be used on hair on a regular basis. Unlike ACV, lemon juice is highly corrosive and will also lighten the hair. The problem is, even as a hair lightener...it is unstable and highly damaging. ACV is acidic in nature, but close to the acidic ph nature of hair, so is safe. As far as BS. Baking soda is a highly effective cleanser for the hair, but can be drying. Most especially if not properly followed by use of ACV. In the case of colored hair, BS will significantly remove color. In bleached hair, the cystine bonds are already broken and I would not recommend BS at all. I would stick with what you have been using.
Cathy
@cathy
13 years ago
33 posts
Hi Panterra, thanks very much for the knowlegable and quick reply! I'll just stick with my shampoo while I'm blonde then!
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts
You are absolutely welcome! Blessings and peace <3

Cathy said:
Hi Panterra, thanks very much for the knowlegable and quick reply! I'll just stick with my shampoo while I'm blonde then!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form