Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Sierra Nicole
@sierra-nicole
13 years ago
28 posts
My name is Sierra! I live on the east coast of the sunshine state. (Florida)My dreads will be five months old on the eleventh, and I lovvvve my babylocs. I've always liked dreads, but I never thought I would get them myself. Then one day I randomly decided to actually go forth with the process. My dreads were formed through backcombing. I've only used wax once, and it was just to see if I liked what it did. It made me feel sticky and icky, so the only thing I put in my hair on a regular basis is salt water after I wash my hair because it gets so damn frizzy and loose. My friend gave me a bottle of the dreadheadhq shampoo, and I've been using that to wash my hair. It's okay. Just a shampoo, but I do wish it had a scent or something. I miss scented shampoos. :c I think I'll look into how to make my own shampoo or buy something that I can use and smells great. And wellll. I dont really know what to write, but hello folks.
updated by @sierra-nicole: 01/13/15 09:01:20PM
aakifa
@aakifa
13 years ago
15 posts

nice to see you on the site sierra. ive had my locs for a couple of years(about3) & i love em. though i must admit they were a bit much to deal with for me at first but once they locked it was all good. hope you enjoy your loc journey! ^_^

G_
@g
13 years ago
18 posts
Whats upppp! welcome to the coolest dread site with the coolest people
Sierra Nicole
@sierra-nicole
13 years ago
28 posts
Affika, thank you! Yeah they are a bit much to deal with. I wish I could enter a time machine, and come out a good 6 months from now with my nice and tight locs.Haha.

aakifa said:

nice to see you on the site sierra. ive had my locs for a couple of years(about3) & i love em. though i must admit they were a bit much to deal with for me at first but once they locked it was all good. hope you enjoy your loc journey! ^_^

Sierra Nicole
@sierra-nicole
13 years ago
28 posts
Heyy boyyyy!

G_ said:
Whats upppp! welcome to the coolest dread site with the coolest people
Sierra Nicole
@sierra-nicole
13 years ago
28 posts

Thanks for the concern for my dreadbabies. The wax was only put on a couple of dreads on the back of my head, and they ended up falling apart again anyways so I'm pretty sure the wax is all gone.

kaptikaps said:

Hello and welcome. Glad you stopped using the wax. Make sure its gone though (there are threads on the forum for that). For shampoo most people here seem to prefer Dr Bronners or just use the BS/ACV (check in maintenance). A lot of folks (including me) had a bad experience with any dreadheadhq products.
Love and Peace
Lexz Luv
@lexz-luv
13 years ago
74 posts

HEEEY CHICA!!! Welcome!! U know i was really missing scented shampoo untill i started making my own! I just use a basic baking soda and water mix but i add rosemary oil and lavender oil and sometimes tea tree oil to the mix! OMG it leaves my dreads smelling amazingggggg!

XOXO LEXZ

AlwaysByourself
@alwaysbyourself
13 years ago
17 posts
Welcome to the site! G is right! Good luck on the dreads. They look pretty good so far! :)
Moneybags McGuilicutty
@moneybags-mcguilicutty
13 years ago
33 posts

WELCOME!!! I LIKE HOW THEY ARE COMING ALONG! DEFINITLEY USE THE BAKING SODA METHOD! IT WORKS! ALSO LOOK INTO MAYLEE'S GARDEN BAR SOAP!! I USE THAT AND IT WORKS WONDERS!!! MY WASH METHOD IS EVERY 4 TO 6 DAYS, I USE THE BAR SOAP TWICE, THEN EVERY THIRD WASH I USE BAKING SODA, THE BAR SOAPS ARE HANDMADE TOO, THE LADY IS FREAKIN AWESOME! AND THE SCENTS ARE AMAZING!! LOOK INTO IT! GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR JOURNEY!

http://www.mayleesgarden.com/

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form