Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Recycling ideas with old clothing :)

Mandy2
@mandy2
14 years ago
55 posts
So I remember seeing on here somewhere how it was mentioned that wool was good for your dreads. Tams, Headbands, Scarves, and even Pillowcases. So that gave me an idea...I'm a bit too broke right now to get anything new from etsy, even though I'm in LOVE with the headband I bought from there a few months back... I've been craving something new. Hey, it's a girl thing...So I started searching through my closet. I found an old wool sweater, and a wool knee skirt. Neither of which I wear anymore.And voila! I made a pillowcase out of the skirt and I cut up and re-sowed the sweater to make some headbands and a scarf. A pic of the pillowcase is below. :)Whee! I'm so proud of myself! It's comfy, and cushy, uber cute, and best of all it was free! I <3 free stuff.

updated by @mandy2: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Mandy2
@mandy2
14 years ago
55 posts
Yeah, I learned how to crochet basic stitches a couple years back but it takes me FOREVER to make stuff. I remember I made a tam for my daughter and it took me 3 months to finish it. Which sucks, cuz she never even wears it. Threw a big tantrum over wanting a tam, wore it for a day then never put it on again. xDI just don't have the patience. I know how, but I do ten stitches and that's it for me for a couple days. lol...
Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts
so cute! i tried the wool sweater over the pillow thing but i woke up the next morning with one side of my face bright red. i guess my skin is too sensitive to sleep on wool:(
Mandy2
@mandy2
14 years ago
55 posts
Reading about crocheting made me actually wanna pull out my yarn and needle yesterday. In the midst of looking for my yarn basket, I actually found a shirt I was in the process of making last year and I finished it. Hooray for an extended attention span! lol
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form