Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

last ditch effort to destroy wax!

Lukey Luke
@lukey-luke
14 years ago
26 posts
So I've had a few fatties that have gotten really tight, stiff, and just plain mean to their neighbors. so I desided to try and separate them in to smaller ones. I read about Knottysleeves "Operation split" and decided to give it a try, but being a wax recovery patient, this didn't work out too well. So i decided to try and comb them out and just t&r them into multiple new dreads (they were originally backcombed) now their way longer and super fluffy! I hope to continue to continually comb out the super waxy ones and rid my hair of that shit. Has anyone else had any success trying to split, or remove wax from mature dreads this way? any advice would be greatly appreciated!
updated by @lukey-luke: 01/13/15 08:48:33PM
Lukey Luke
@lukey-luke
14 years ago
26 posts
basically when i tried to split them, the wax was just super gunked up, and I got a hole maybe a half inch thick at the roots before it stopped ripping, and I have tried the body splash, i've done 3 deep washes with it, and it seemed to help, but i still found a lot of wax when combing them. I'm happy with how the new ones are looking, and their a lot longer, so I can finally tie them back (another plus haha), But thanks for all the love!
Lukey Luke
@lukey-luke
14 years ago
26 posts
two times I sprayed it in, and really worked it into each dread, then used a bs/acv rinse, then the third time I worked it in really really well, then used dawn dish soap as well before the bs/acv rinse. I've sprayed it in a few other times and let it sit for an hour or so. I've gone through a little more than half a bottle so far. but besides that I normally just do a bs/acv rinse once a week, and usually just rinse them out 2-3 other times a week.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form