dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

"washing"

Robin Marsh
@robin-marsh
14 years ago
4 posts
Hey all,
So i started out about 8 days ago doing the kinda natural thing i tried to help the process along a bit by doing a bit of twisting and ripping, backcombing, wool rubbing and palm rolling, however it all unravelled and so i just gave up and am now going all natural and it has matted well over the last couple of days, any way my question is because most of my head is shaved i wash my scalp with body soap every day because i get horrible amounts of dandruf and i am wondering is it a bad idea to wash every day or at least wet my hair every day, i know most people say wash your hair as often as you need but you all say 2 - 3 times a week but honestly if i go one day with out scrubbing my head i itch scratch and bleed.

updated by @robin-marsh: 01/13/15 08:30:39PM
Lonnie Berg
@lonnie-berg
14 years ago
219 posts
Personally I shower every day so my hair gets a water wash, really not into shower caps etc. and it doesn't seen to do any harm at all, just keeps my hair clean between washings twice a week.
Robin Marsh
@robin-marsh
14 years ago
4 posts
Hey Lonnie thanks heaps for your reply this has been the one thing i have worried about most. i just needed to know that I wasn't self sabotaging.
Alden
@alden
14 years ago
303 posts
You know, the body wash my not be the best thing to be washing your scalp with, solely because soap has got to be getting into your hair as your washing and that soap could hinder the dreading process by leaving smelly-good residue on your hair, making it slick, and the hairs start to slip out of the knots they've formed.I doubt you should worry about it too much tho, if it was going to be an issue you'd probably have noticed it by now.*done babbling*My point is that you can make a tea of rosemary and sage and it's a God send for dandruff, plus it's good for your dreads!Just go to your local grocery store and buy both herbs from the seasoning shaker section (say that 3 times fast: seasoning shaker section,seasoning shaker section,seasoning shaker section, lol) But be sure to not get the ground up powdery version of them, you'll need the whole leaf style. I say that because you'll be putting them in a coffee filter and boiling it, so the powdered forms seem to get a bit messy. But put a good 2 spoon fulls of each into a coffee filter, tie the top of it shut with yarn, a hair tie, thread, rubberband, something, and put it in 2 cups of boiling water. Let it float in the water for like 5 minutes and then turn the heat off. Let the stuff sit till it's cool to the touch, then take your teabag out (being sure to squeeze the out of the tea bag and into the pot), hop in the shower, and pour it directly over your dome. Let it sit for like 30 seconds (you'll feel it tingling during this time) then rinse it off and your golden.Swur to Gurd this works wonders on dandruff.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form