Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dr. Bronner's

Knotty John
@knotty-john
14 years ago
78 posts
I heard alot about this soap so I was just wondering which Dr. Bronner's soap or shampoo is best recommended for use? Oh and when you wash your hair, do you wash your scalp only or do you wash each individual dread or both?
updated by @knotty-john: 01/13/15 08:30:34PM
Flicker Wings
@flicker-wings
14 years ago
20 posts
I have oily hair and I found that the liquid kind of Dr. Bronner's made my hair realllllllllly oily. I had good days where my hair would be clean after I washed it, and bad days when my hair would really be gross within a few hours of washing. Right now I am using the peppermint bar soap, which has been giving me a consistant clean since I started using it about a week or so ago. Also, you want to wash all your hair, includeing the scalp, and the rest of your hair. You probably wouldn't want to miss the scalp because that is where most of the natural oils and dirt chill out. hope this helps :)
Melanie2
@melanie2
14 years ago
99 posts
I've just bought and used Dr Bronners soap for the first time. I've got the liquid Baby Mild...seems pretty good so far and is about half the price and goes twice as far as the Dreadhead HQ dread soap I've been using since I got dreaded nearly five years ago.
Knotty John
@knotty-john
14 years ago
78 posts
Oh wow I see what you mean about it making your hair oily sometimes lol. It smells good but the oily thing is weird.

Flicker Wings said:
I have oily hair and I found that the liquid kind of Dr. Bronner's made my hair realllllllllly oily. I had good days where my hair would be clean after I washed it, and bad days when my hair would really be gross within a few hours of washing. Right now I am using the peppermint bar soap, which has been giving me a consistant clean since I started using it about a week or so ago. Also, you want to wash all your hair, includeing the scalp, and the rest of your hair. You probably wouldn't want to miss the scalp because that is where most of the natural oils and dirt chill out. hope this helps :)
Lonnie Berg
@lonnie-berg
14 years ago
219 posts
I've used the Dr. Bonners tea tree liquid and has great results with it, no problems at all. Make sure to dilute it though, it's very concentrated. Should be diluted about 12 to 1 at the least.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form