Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dr. Bronner's

Knotty John
@knotty-john
14 years ago
78 posts
I heard alot about this soap so I was just wondering which Dr. Bronner's soap or shampoo is best recommended for use? Oh and when you wash your hair, do you wash your scalp only or do you wash each individual dread or both?
updated by @knotty-john: 01/13/15 08:30:34PM
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
Personally, I reccomend the bar soap in any scent you prefer ( my favorite is the almond!) it takes a bit of getting used to, but after you get the hang of washing with bar soap, you'll almost never go back!I also wash both my scalp and my dreads individually. It takes a bit longer, but it's totally worth it.
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
everyone's gonna be a little different, personally I'm biased towards the peppermint liquid soap because I love the way it smells (and I add a few drops of Tea Tree oil to that to separately)I usually focus more on the scalp, but i also lather the left/right side of my dreads at the same time, i just grab the left and kinda scrub them like a gentle palm roll , probably wouldn't recommend that if your locks are younger though.
anthony williams
@anthony-williams
14 years ago
101 posts
i bounce around between the peppermint and tea tree liquid and the bar lavender, wonderful scent by the way! and when i use liquid i usually dilute with water in a cup and add baking soda and a little sea salt. the bar is what i use when i dont use liquid or am too lazy to make a concoction lol. and as far as scalp or dread... just go with what you feel needs it at the time :) cuz either way when you rinse soaps gonna get throughout anywayz :p
ɥɐɾʞǝqsɐɹ redeyedreadi
@qs-redeyedreadi
14 years ago
29 posts
My preference is for Uncle Harry's Aromatherapy Shampoo. (click the image for more info!)It really does something for my dreads that I cannot explain, and when I use it, my dreads dry shiny to the sight and soft to the touch. exactly what i look for in a shampoo. plus it retains their consistency of thickness... none of us wants our dreads to feel loose after washing them! I usually take the time to wash my dreads in sections. I don't rub them a lot in the shower, but when I get out and they have dried almost completely, I then begin to twist a little, but I usually don't do much with them and they look amazing. ^_^visit uncle harry's info page on shampoo to get some in depth details about what most shampoos contain and how they affect your hair.I do use Dr.Bronners, however I've noticed it loosens my dreadies more then Uncle Harry's products. Dr.Bronners is good stuff, and I fully 100% support fair-trade!!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form