Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Starting over in SoCal

Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
14 years ago
292 posts
Hey Everybody,I just went through a huge change in lifestyle as I decided to sell my raw food cafe and go back to school at University of Natural Health to become a Hygienic Doctor/Naturothopath. All the details about my drastic decision are here http://rawnaturalliving.com/?p=338 if you are curious.More to the point, I have decided that since I am making such a big change already, I will finally move myself to the proper climate for my lifestyle. The NJ living is getting to me, especially now in the dead of winter. I ride my bike as my primary transportation and I am a bit tired of riding in 22F weather through snow and ice with angry motorists.I am looking for an apartment and a job while I attend school online. If anyone has any leads or suggestions I would love to hear them. Thanks everyone!
updated by @didjeridurian: 01/13/15 08:30:33PM
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
How far south are you looking to go? El cajon is pretty far down there, but it stays warm most all year, biking is no problem anywhere, and while jobs can be pretty hard to find, you just have to know where to look. The only downside is the cost. Our one bedroom costs 900$ a month, and if it weren't for government programs and my mate's disability, then there'd be no way we could live here. Granted, the availability of fresh food makes the struggle completely worth it in my opinion. Now if only they could find a way to make cherry season last longer... ^-^
Ryan Emmel
@ryan-emmel
14 years ago
85 posts
Why Socal? Why not Norcal?
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
14 years ago
292 posts
Fruit! Ryan Emmel said:
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
14 years ago
292 posts
I'm thinking Ocean Beach. I saw some nice places for around 6-700. Faelwynn said:
How far south are you looking to go? El cajon is pretty far down there, but it stays warm most all year, biking is no problem anywhere, and while jobs can be pretty hard to find, you just have to know where to look. The only downside is the cost. Our one bedroom costs 900$ a month, and if it weren't for government programs and my mate's disability, then there'd be no way we could live here. Granted, the availability of fresh food makes the struggle completely worth it in my opinion. Now if only they could find a way to make cherry season last longer... ^-^
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
yes! you would not believe how cheap fresh produce is out here! It's insane! Plus, you can find foods from all over the world for just as cheap! Didjeridurian said:
Fruit!

Ryan Emmel said:
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
Just make sure you've been to the property and tried to talk to a few other tennants first. Personally, I'd recommend places that are privately owned. You'll pay a bit more, but you're paying for individual attention more or less. Big companies will ignore the individual and try to screw you over for profit (trust me, we just got out of a place that was exactly like that). Didjeridurian said:
I'm thinking Ocean Beach. I saw some nice places for around 6-700.

Faelwynn said:
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form