Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My Dread ressurrection from wax to natural

Beijaflor
@beijaflor
12 years ago
20 posts

you have beautiful progress! ive been on the neglect road since my second day of my locs.. just washing and separating and they are already locked after 5 weeks, so i know that your locs will only flourish from here! great progress!

updated by @beijaflor: 07/22/15 09:16:54AM
Supa Dread
@supa-dread
12 years ago
100 posts

Thanks for the kind words, theyare developing quite nicely, i got a couple of them congoing and stuff too, so im letting them do what they want to do. Question, are you brazilian or just a big fan of the beijaflor school of samba? or neither?

Beijaflor
@beijaflor
12 years ago
20 posts
Hi Victor!! No problem, I'm so happy you recovered. And yes I am Brazilian American. Family hailing from the states of Acre and Bahia, mostly bahia :) I was going to ask you the same because of your name ahahaha
Supa Dread
@supa-dread
12 years ago
100 posts
Yea I am Lol. Born and partially raised in Belo Horizonte, andnive been living here for 15 years now. Nice to have a fellow Brazilian dread. And I'm pretty sure there are a couple more in this site.
Beijaflor
@beijaflor
12 years ago
20 posts

Woah! Amazing! Hahaha, it feels great to have another fellow Brazilian as well. Its a dime a dozen where I live. And especially brazilians (partically afro brazilian, which who I am) women that have locs let alone natural hair. I do not have to explain any farther the complexes that can be apparent. lol

Supa Dread
@supa-dread
12 years ago
100 posts

Funny you say that, theres a ton of them where i live, exception is im the only one i know that doesnt look or sound brazilian. lol.. Where do you liveI Im actually mulatto, my mom is light and my dad is dark. I love Bahia! i went to visit when i was little, probably when i was 10-12 years old. I went to visit Prado which is a small town there, as well as Cumuruchatiba i think the other town was called. I really love the deep african influence and culture there, i've always identified myself with it. I had been doing Capoeira for a few years so when i went there i got that "this is where i belong" feeling. When i bring my wife and daughter to Brazil, im certainly bringing them to the Nordeste, Bahia, Recife, Fortaleza...im staying away from where i was born...too damn viollent and dangerous! thats why i love Bahia, they still have that calm, small town feel.

Beijaflor
@beijaflor
12 years ago
20 posts

I live in Washington DC and you would probably literally have to say a brazilian portuguese sentence on a speakerphone to know who is Brazilian.To look Brazilian is very complicated, because every Brazilian looks different =) I used to be teased in school here because people would say because of my dark skin, kinky hair, and non european features that I wasnt Brazilian. But you have to realize that most Americans are only exposed to Adriana Lima , Gisele Bundchen, etc. so its very hard for them to understand how complex our backgrounds really are. And I am a little scared to go to the Southern Brazil because of the violence. And yes, Bahia has a strong African background. Bahia is actually the 2nd state with the largest African descent after Nigeria. You have a very beautiful family! I hope to have a baby one day as well. =)

Mechell Arant
@mechell-arant
12 years ago
56 posts

I find you both beautiful and thank you for sharing such cool parts of yourselves...

CoriElaine
@corielaine
10 years ago
173 posts

Wow lookin great man. Im so glad your dreadswere saved! :) There are a handful of African boys with FREDS at mycollege who always stare at me like im fucking psychotic lol. :)

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form