Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

religious significance of dreadlocks

Zakkary Alexander Broadbent
@zakkary-alexander-broadbent
6 years ago
1 posts

Just wanna say that I felt you really summed up the purpose of the entire sub-culture and the cyber-locks very nicely.

Spider Feet said:

I consider the dreadfalls worn in the cybergoth sub-culture to be in a pseudo spiritual sensuality. Cybergoth is largely based on artistic expression inspired by the modern primitive movement. It's kind of a mixture taken from various books and movies about cyberpunk and post apocalyptic settings. Like modifying self, environment and objects to suit ones own needs.

In reality, I don't feel it has much relation to that anymore....it's just a pretty way of dressing by people mildly interested in counter-culture...

updated by @zakkary-alexander-broadbent: 07/23/15 12:13:15AM
BeauZay
@beauzay
5 years ago
92 posts

Question here, wondering if anybody knows the answer. In Rastafarian beliefs, is there at all a time where it would be okay to cut off your locks? For instance, something like having a child? Or anything I suppose that so life changing, you cut em off and start your journey all over again? Just wondering. Thanks in advance.

Danny Parker
@danny-parker
5 years ago
28 posts

No a true rasta wouldn't ever have a reason to do this. :)

BeauZay said:

Question here, wondering if anybody knows the answer. In Rastafarian beliefs, is there at all a time where it would be okay to cut off your locks? For instance, something like having a child? Or anything I suppose that so life changing, you cut em off and start your journey all over again? Just wondering. Thanks in advance.

Danny Parker
@danny-parker
5 years ago
28 posts

In a sense that would make him no longer a rasta, As rasta is way of life and not a religion, live as your ancestors lived before you, so to take a pair ofscissors and cut your hair would be going against that! hope this helps :)

BeauZay
@beauzay
5 years ago
92 posts
Thank you Danny! Helps a lot! Much appreciated.
Danny Parker
@danny-parker
5 years ago
28 posts

But there are different 'mansions' of rasta, such as, 12 tribes of isreal and theNiyabinghi, and there belifs vary. and I only no so much! :)

Danny Parker
@danny-parker
5 years ago
28 posts
Rasta wouldnt cut any hair on there body at all!

/ 2
Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form