Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

religious significance of dreadlocks

Zdawg
@zakkary-alexander-broadbent
12 years ago
1 posts

Just wanna say that I felt you really summed up the purpose of the entire sub-culture and the cyber-locks very nicely.

Spider Feet said:

I consider the dreadfalls worn in the cybergoth sub-culture to be in a pseudo spiritual sensuality. Cybergoth is largely based on artistic expression inspired by the modern primitive movement. It's kind of a mixture taken from various books and movies about cyberpunk and post apocalyptic settings. Like modifying self, environment and objects to suit ones own needs.

In reality, I don't feel it has much relation to that anymore....it's just a pretty way of dressing by people mildly interested in counter-culture...

updated by @zakkary-alexander-broadbent: 07/23/15 12:13:15AM
BeauZay
@beauzay
11 years ago
92 posts

Question here, wondering if anybody knows the answer. In Rastafarian beliefs, is there at all a time where it would be okay to cut off your locks? For instance, something like having a child? Or anything I suppose that so life changing, you cut em off and start your journey all over again? Just wondering. Thanks in advance.

Danny Parker
@danny-parker
11 years ago
27 posts

No a true rasta wouldn't ever have a reason to do this. :)

BeauZay said:

Question here, wondering if anybody knows the answer. In Rastafarian beliefs, is there at all a time where it would be okay to cut off your locks? For instance, something like having a child? Or anything I suppose that so life changing, you cut em off and start your journey all over again? Just wondering. Thanks in advance.

Danny Parker
@danny-parker
11 years ago
27 posts

In a sense that would make him no longer a rasta, As rasta is way of life and not a religion, live as your ancestors lived before you, so to take a pair ofscissors and cut your hair would be going against that! hope this helps :)

BeauZay
@beauzay
11 years ago
92 posts
Thank you Danny! Helps a lot! Much appreciated.
Danny Parker
@danny-parker
11 years ago
27 posts

But there are different 'mansions' of rasta, such as, 12 tribes of isreal and theNiyabinghi, and there belifs vary. and I only no so much! :)

Danny Parker
@danny-parker
11 years ago
27 posts
Rasta wouldnt cut any hair on there body at all!

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form